BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The purpose of the Novato Site Production Scheduler is to be the single point of contact for scheduling and coordinating production and non-production activities that support the Make Assess Release process within the Novato Site.
The primary role of the Production Scheduler is to be the primary point of contact for scheduling and coordination production and non-production related activities for the Novato Site (Galli East, Galli West, Galli North, Leveroni and Pimentel) that support the Make Assess Release process within the Novato Site. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate MFG coordination meeting to verify adherence to schedule and finalize coordination of activities for the day.
- Supports S&OE (Sales and Operations Execution) process
- From the Supply Chain Production Plan, develop and maintain the detailed production schedule and makes adjustments utilizing BioG real time scheduling software and Oracle EBS for the following activities:
- Manufacturing Operations at the Novato Site
- Raw Material Kitting and Solution Prep Pre-weighs for the Novato Site
- Equipment downtime for Galli West, Galli East, Galli North, Leveroni and Pimentel Facilities (PM’s, Cals, etc.)
- Operational Readiness Start-Up Activities for the Novato Site.
- Non-production activities such as Validation, Capital Projects
- Review, assess for impact and schedule planned and unplanned schedule change requests and ensures that all requirements are documented to maintain transparent communication.
- Generates Oracle EBS batch orders and ensures batch orders and production lots are annotated in the schedule from thaw through shipment of Drug Substance.
- Proactively evaluates and escalates schedule conflicts by working with impacted groups to facilitate resolution.
- Manages Oracle EBS firm planned orders and batch orders to ensure on, time start and completion in order to enable accurate MRP
- Reviews production schedule for opportunities to improve efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Provides adherence to schedule and other scheduling related metrics data for monthly report out for the Make Assess Release Process
- Generates Batch Record dispatch report list based on BioG detailed production schedule.
- Provides planned versus actual report of campaign detailed schedule against plan
- Provides adherence to schedule metrics data for end of campaign performance summaries.
- Supports production scheduling and improvement initiatives.
- Administrator for Production Scheduling Website and maintains for accuracy.
- Generates Production Schedule Scenarios and participates in contingency planning.
- BS Degree in Biology or related life sciences
- APICS certification desired but not required
- Education and / or minimum years of experience in manufacturing with operations scheduling, production planning or master scheduling experience as follows
- 2+ years of experience in production scheduling and planning processes or 4+ year MFG experience
- ERP/MRP experience to include scheduling and impact within an ERP system
- Experience with the following software applications:
- BioG Real Time Process, JIRA, Office 365 products, MS Project, MS Visio, Oracle EBS and ASCP, OPPM, Primavera or other equivalent Project Management Software
Rare Opportunities. Personal Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.