This job is currently Archived,
Production Process Operator Madison United States,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 18 September 2017
Our DuPont Madison Nutrition & Health has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Production Process Operator to prepare, grow, process, and package cultures produced in the Madison manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure adherence to all quality systems including, ISO 9001, FSSC 22000 and Food Safety, with an understanding of DuPont s Quality Policy and procedures.
- Comply with all Company policies including, but not limited to, Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Environmental, GMP's, HAACP, Early Reporting of Pain, and Attendance.
- Operate production equipment and production tools, such as but not limited to, fermenters, centrifuges and heat exchangers, Clean in Place (CIP) and Clean Out of Place (COP) sanitation systems, homogenizers, blend tanks, freezers, scales, gauges, forklifts, freeze dryers, mills, blenders, packaging equipment, pelletizers, dishwashers and autoclaves.
- Monitor the status of the production process. This may involve, but is not limited to, collecting and testing lab samples, monitoring machine parameters, taking measurements, interpreting charts, and recording data.
- Follow all relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions to make the necessary adjustments in the production process, such as adjusting control instruments and adding raw materials.
- Recognize atypical/incorrect conditions in the production area and contact the appropriate authority. Corrects conditions outside standard operating procedures and normal operational parameters, if necessary.
- Maintain accurate written records or logs of all production processes/equipment/maintenance/routine cleaning.
- Assemble and disassemble production equipment as required by processes.
- Clean, sanitize, and sterilize all production/packaging equipment and other process areas in the plant. Prepare materials for blending: Requires weighing and mixing raw materials in accordance with the batch tickets specifications. Requires using filling equipment in accordance with batch ticket specifications.
- Monitor machinery and equipment to assure it is operating properly and make minor mechanical adjustments when necessary. Perform routine preventative maintenance. Contact the proper authority for major adjustments or repair.
- Prepare materials for sterilization, which requires weighing and mixing raw materials in accordance with specifications, and filling equipment with appropriate materials.
- Move raw materials, equipment, and final products throughout the plant.
- Work with BioProcess Team on Pilot Scale fermentations and processing.
- Assist in maintaining process and non-process areas in compliance with current regulatory agencies.
- Order replacement parts to maintain adequate supplies for production and operation
- Other functions as required and assigned by management.
Candidate should be able to work in temperatures ranging from negative 70 degrees (-70) to ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. Conditions may be humid, wet, slippery and dusty. The work requires that employees be able to maintain a high level of personal hygiene, cleanliness, and safety. Operator must use personal protective equipment as determined by environmental hygiene assessment survey. Work environments may involve safe handling of potentially hazardous chemicals. The work requires that employees wear personal safety protection equipment.
We have a variety of shifts available (8 or 12 hour shifts) for the Production Process Operator, including days, evenings, overnights, and alternating weekends.
You are a qualified candidate if:
- You possess a high school education or equivalent, a successful work history, the ability to work as a team player, and proven mechanical ability.
- You have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job in a safe and efficient manner.
- You are able to wear proper PPE that may be required.
- You are able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using percentages and decimals to utilize the Metric/English system for measurement.
- You have the ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
- You have the ability to be trained to use a computer which will be a necessity to retrieve and enter data on a database, navigate the internet for safety training, and provide email correspondence.
The DuPont Nutrition & Health plant manufactures a variety of food products and ingredients used in everyday food items including: starter cultures used in the production of cheese, yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream; probiotic cultures used for their health promoting effects on the digestive system of humans and animals; and other food ingredients as well.
USA - WI - Madison
Find a Job Find Candidates