This job is currently Archived,
Production Planner - United States
Posted on : 25 June 2017
Job Description :
- As a member of the Production Planning Dept., you will determine which items are manufactured and in what quantities based upon consumer demand forecasts.
- The primary mission is to minimize inventory, maximize product availability and optimize shop floor efficiency.
- Participate in forecast meetings with Business Units and related cross functional participants to help establish master Sales Inventory and Operations Plans for specific finished good products.
- Input planning data into the MRP planning module to support dependent SIOP build plans.
- Analyze and manage independent demand materials to maintain sufficient supply according to provided company guidelines.
- Coordinate and release production build orders to support SIOP build plans.
- Revise schedules as needed to accomplish certain benchmarks in the manufacturing process.
- Interface with Purchasing team to insure required materials will be available when needed to release production build orders to manufacturing on schedule.
- Create, analyze and distribute various reports regarding requirements, progress, fulfillment and backlog issues.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing, Production and Quality teams on New Product Introductions.
- Troubleshoot internal material issues such as quality, sub-contract operations, and transfer issues.
- Interface with and manage considerable data resources to support all facets of Production Planning operations.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years minimum in industrial supply chain environment
- SAP planning knowledge and experience required. APO (Advanced Planner & Optimizer) module strongly preferred.
- Understands the manufacturing process thoroughly, and has reasonable expectations as to what can be accomplished in a certain timeframe
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team.
- Has good problem solving skills, and can easily revise a plan when needed.
- Proficiency in Excel and other standard MS business applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to interface at all levels in the organization.
- Project management and organizational skills.