Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Operate all production chemical processing equipment including reactors, feeders, heat exchangers, piping networks, hoses, pumps, valves, instruments, vessels, scales, tanks, scrubbers, meters, etc.
- Conduct DCS operation to manipulate equipment controlled by the DCS.
- Maintain appropriate batch and shift paper work.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace meeting the housekeeping standard established by the Production Superintendent.
- Follow the direction of the production coordinator in a professional and respectful manner.
- Prepare work notifications for maintenance on the unit as needed as well as preparing the equipment for maintenance.
- Minimize waste generation; follow waste handing guidelines as specified in plant procedures.
- Report any process upset, spill, injury, chemical release, security event, etc.
- Safely operate fork trucks, yard tractor, and track mobile.
- Perform minor maintenance activities on production equipment as directed by the Production Superintendent.
- Represent Solvay Inc. through daily actions that reinforce the corporate values; demonstrating personal commitment to a safe, healthy and environmentally sound workplace for employees.
- Work with engineers, production specialists, quality assurance technicians, distribution technicians, as well as other plant personnel to safely and efficiently accomplish plant responsibilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent education.
- Perform all required safety procedures applicable to product manufacture in the chemical processing units.
- Perform inspections and checklists for pollution control devices.
- Perform all tasks that are required to operate the chemical processing unit at the facility.
- Demonstrate computer skills to access plant information, monitor email, and conduct production materials management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of chemical processing equipment including reactors, feeders, heat exchangers, piping networks, hoses, pumps, valves, instruments, vessels, scales, tanks, scrubbers, meters, etc.
- Operate fork trucks, drive yard tractor to manipulate box and tank trailers, operate track mobile for spotting rail tank cars throughout the plant site.
- Functional capabilities with MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS ACCESS, MS POWER POINT, MS OUTLOOK.
- Perform all MMRP and CMMS transactions required to manage production schedules, modify inventory transactions.
- Prepare work notifications as required to maintain the operating units.
- Perform minor service maintenance on equipment as defined by the Production Superintendent.
- Perform troubleshooting abilities to properly identify causes of production equipment and process upsets.
- Perform DCS navigation; DCS trouble shooting, DCS operation such that the process can be safely and efficiently controlled.
- Demonstrate basic PC skills required for electronic communications, maintenance work orders, incident/accident reporting, and data retrieval (MSDS).
- Ability to efficiently and accurately communicate and work with peers, superiors, engineers, and other unit personnel, and in a positive and respectful manner.
- Ability to effectively train peers on all aspects of the Production Operator job responsibilities.
- Cross train in QA lab for level V1 (Required for selected Operators )
- Knowledge of the 49 CFR Hazardous Material Regulations manual.
Entry level (0 to 2 years)