This job is currently Archived,
Production Operative Unit 100 Measham United Kingdom,
DCC Vital (company)
Posted on : 20 June 2017
Key Callenges & Accountabilities
- Essential level of adherence to Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in accordance with GDP.
- Adherence to work to time constraints for the transfer of stock both into and out of the warehouse.
- To maintain a high level of accuracy of orders picked, checked and labelled.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of packing orders to ensure their safe delivery to the customer.
- To accurately pick stock from Warehouse for the completion of NHS orders.
- Check stock picked prior to being labelled.
- Accept and respond to any queries from internal departments both on and off site in a timely manner.
- Undertake and participate in all required training deemed appropriate for the job function i.e. to learn any piece of machinery or work on any system(s) used within the Warehouse environment.
- Provide holiday cover for Production Unit when necessary (involving shift change to 8.00am to 5.00pm)
- Undertake cleaning of your own work area and wider warehouse.
- Other tasks and duties as agreed with your supervisor/manager.
Skills & Experience
- Should process solid numeracy and literacy skills and basic all round abilities on the computer in excel and word
- He/she should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work on their own initiative
- He/she should be a team player with an understanding of a production and distribution environment and regulatory requirements
- Acknowledge of SAP an advantage
It should be observed that within the Warehouse pedestrians and vehicles (e.g. fork lift trucks) need to circulate in a safe manner. For your own safety as well as that of your colleagues, you will be required to observe notices re the awareness of vehicles when working in all Warehouse zones.
Education & Training
- Educated to secondary school standard. GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Current Fork Lift Licence (Counterbalance or Flexi) an advantage
- Experience of working in a manual repetitive working environment where following of SOP’s is a requirement.
- Physical good health record as lifting work is essential.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Understand the importance of accuracy and flexibility.
- Good numeric skills
- Good time keeping
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrable keyboard skills
- Punctual, honest, reliable
- Polite and diplomatic.
- Respectable appearance.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Neat and methodical working
- Team player yet ability to work on own initiative
- Annual Salary Review (discretionary)
- 22 days annual leave increasing with service
- Automatic entry into qualifying pension scheme after three months employment
Find a Job Find Candidates