This job is currently Archived,
Production Manager II - United States
Posted on : 24 June 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- The Production Manager will be responsible for safe execution of production processes in Dispensing and Lyophilization, Bulk and Biologics Production, Packaging, and Labeling while ensuring compliance with cGMP and ISO guidelines.
- He or she will collaborate with other departments such as Quality Control, Planning and Buying, Engineering and Maintenance, Process Development, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, and the Warehouse.
- The Production Manager will work independently to solve problems and define priorities.
- The Production Manager will track Key Performance Indicators such as throughput, adherence to plan, right first time, and develop strategies to close gaps.
- He or she will be a key contributor in the annual budget process through making recommendations for department operating expense spending, as well as capital planning and updates to SAP recipes.
- The Production Manager will provide leadership to production supervisors and ensure high standards and consistency in shop floor performance and labor utilization.
- The Production Manager will collaborate with other departments on new product introduction, as well as projects driving cost savings.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of manufacturing production experience, preferably in a cGMP regulated environment.
- 8-10 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Strong leadership skills, deliberate safety focus, ability to mentor and motivate team to accomplish goals and objectives, ability to shift priorities and make tactical and strategic decisions, knowledge of and experience with biological and chemical manufacturing, knowledge of dispensing equipment and associated unit operations.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.