This job is currently Archived,
Production Manager II - United States
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- Our Laboratories is a leading manufacturer of life science and diagnostic products that service a diverse range of customers within the Academic, Healthcare, Biotechnology/Basic Research and Pharmaceutical sectors.
- These products are used to advance basic research, healthcare treatments, therapeutic discoveries and purification of biological materials at laboratory and process scales. We have an immediate need for a Production Manager at our facility within our electrophoresis manufacturing operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive improvements in value stream performance by documenting the current state, developing the future state and driving steps to achieve the future state. Includes data collection and reporting of KPI that drive business efficiency.
- Daily employee supervision including shift schedules, job assignments, overtime and vacation coordination.
- Executes the manufacturing schedules based on information from MRP and Customers, adjusting man-power as required.
- Build a strong team, develop employees to higher levels of performance, and address gaps in performance using process, tools and employee policies.
- Collaborate with other department leaders to make process changes and ensure that safety, environmental and OSHA regulations are being met and followed.
- Ensure 5S standards are adhered to every day.
What you need for this role:
- BS or higher Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related disciplines with 3+ years’ experience. An aptitude towards mechanical engineering/automation would be a valuable asset.
- 5+ years manufacturing production supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing production or management in a production setting.
- Familiarity with SAP and other manufacturing materials systems.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills, reliable decision making, attention to detail, and multi-tasking are essential to success in this position.
- Background working a Lean manufacturing and/or continuous improvement environment is desired
- Strong background in scientific principles with ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively in cross-functional teams and to senior management.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.