Production Lead – Pharm Ops Job - Ireland
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the IPT Leader, The Production Lead – Pharm Ops directs the day to day operation of
processing activities in Ballydine Formulation R&D and Manufacturing facility.
Metrics Attainment and Continuous Improvement
• The Production Lead, as a member of the IPT Leadership team, is accountable for achieving business results for the IPT in line with overall plant goals.
• Reports production metrics and any action plans to address gaps for the IPT to the IPT Leader.
• Identifies, prioritises, and champions improvement projects in production to deliver IPT targets through the use of appropriate Lean tools (such as VSM, 5S etc), including the implementation of turnaround improvements, reduction of process variability, and waste elimination
Planning and Issue Resolution
• Provides input to the IPT Leader to resolve issues identified in the daily, weekly and monthly IPT accountability process.
• The production lead is responsible for ensuring that there are sufficient and effective resources available from within production to achieve this.
• The Production lead, as a member of the IPT Leadership team, is accountable for inventory, cost, cycle-time, and customer service targets, and is
responsible for managing events that impact upon these targets.
• Accountable for ensuring that the IPT process operations are performed in compliance with cGMP, Environmental, Labour, and Industrial Health and Safety regulations. In the event of an emergency, is part of
the site’s Emergency Control Centre.
• As part of the Quality Management System the incumbent is responsible for sub-system ownership as detailed in the Site System and Sub-System owner list.
• Accountable for informing the IPT Leader about situations and/or trends that are affecting IPT performance (deviations, accidents, events, audit findings, regulatory issues, among others) and request support as needed
• Prepares the annual budget for the operating area within the IPT. Monitors performance against budget targets and manages performance within profit plan
• The Production Lead has overall responsibility for the performance and development of the Production operating personnel, including the establishment of appropriate sponsorship, discipline and behaviours necessary to realise the intent of Lean/MPS. The Production Lead mentors Production operating personnel, providing input and coaching on professional development and career paths. He/she provides timely feedback; and evaluates performance of direct reports after obtaining the relevant functional input and evaluation.
• Ensures adherence to all SIPTU trade union agreements and acts as the primary Production contact on SIPTU union issues.
Undertakes other activities as directed by the IPT Leader (e.g. member of divisional groups etc)
Acts as delegate for the IPT Leader as required.
We are inviting applications from candidates with the following skill set:
· Broad Multi-Functional Experience
· Minimum 5 years line management in a production environment with people management experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of Operational Excellence tools
· Safety Policies and Procedures
· Environmental Policies and Procedures
· Personnel Policies & Procedures
· Plant Equipment
· Emergency Procedures
· Quality Policies & Procedures
· Good Manufacturing Practices
· Financial Management
· Negotiation Skills
· Strategy Development
· Inventory Management.
· Project Management
· Empowering leadership
· Functional Excellence
· Communication, both written and oral
· Planning and Scheduling
· Analytical Problem solving
· Brainstorming/Ideas generation – tools and techniques
· Customer service
· Conflict resolution
· Judgement and Decision Making
· Work/Life balance
· Honours Degree in Engineering, Science or Business Administration
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic Job Title:Production Lead – Pharm Ops
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland
Other Locations: EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Tipperary
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Industrial, Engineer, Law, Compliance, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, Legal