Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company, committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. Solvay innovates and partners with customers in diverse global end markets. Its products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability.
Its lightweighting materials enhance cleaner mobility, its formulations optimize the use of resources, and its performance chemicals improve air and water quality. Solvay achieved net sales of €10.9bn in 2016 and has 139 industrial sites and 27,000 employees in 58 countries. Solvay is headquartered in Brussels and listed on Euronext Brussels and Paris. In the United States, its shares are traded through a level-1 ADR program.
The GBU Specialty Polymers offers an unmatched portfolio of specialty polymers with over 35 product lines available in more than 1500 formulations designed for use in demanding markets around the world. Our products cater to industries such as Aerospace, Automotive, Batteries, Consumer & Construction, Electrical & Electronics, Healthcare & Industrial and Environment.
Worldwide this GBU has over 3700 employees with 18 production sites and 10 R&I centers across the globe. The total net sale for 2016 for this GBU was 1.9 billion Euros.
Our high performance plastics, polymers, fluids and elastomers are designed to meet the critical requirements that engineers face every day in key industries including, Automotive, Aeronautics, Smart Devices, Healthcare and Energy Production and Storage.
In Asia, Specialty Polymers is big with a notable contribution of 39% of Global Net Sales with 2 production Sites and 4 R&I Centers.
Solvay Specialty Polymers in India is the largest manufacturer for PEEK & PAEK polymers which are innovative ultra-performance polymers that tower at the top of the plastics performance pyramid. The Specialty Polymers Plant at Panoli plant produces ultra-high performance KetaSpire® polyetheretherketone (PEEK), AvaSpire® polyaryletherketones (PAEK), Poly Ether Sulfones (PESU), monomers which along with their ease of processing provide substantial value for design engineers.
Position: Production Engineer
Inviting young and dynamic engineers wishing to pursue an exciting career opportunity with Solvay in India.
This position will be based out of our Specialty Polymers Plant at Panoli and will report to the Production Manager.
- Coordinate the activities related to the identification, monitoring and control of key process parameters.
- Provide production supervising personnel with assistance to troubleshoot operational problems causing lack of quality in finished products or intermediates.
- Approve ways to increase product yields and reduce variable costs while maintaining the needed Quality standards. Set product acceptance process grids and checks on intermediates, including guidelines for corrective/preventive actions
- Develop and implement SPC tools to enhance production quality reliability and On Aim Quality.
- Coordinate the definition and implementation of action plans for the improvement of production process Cp and Cpk.
- Lead the internal investigation team in front of a customer complaint – or internally detected anomaly - related to product quality and for prepare the related report.
- Support the preparation and successful occurrence of customer audits; Coordinate the recovery/reworking of off-spec production.
- Lead the team in charge of identifying, selecting, implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of Corrective Actions related to customer (accepted) complaints and internally detected anomalies related to product quality.
- Actively participate to new product industrialization and define criteria required to make an EPO.
A successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 3-6 years of relevant working experience in Chemical or Polymer manufacturing organization of repute.
- Exposure to batch processes such as Distillation, Filtration & Drying for Solid as well as Liquid Products.
- Good exposure to Industrial Safety practices.
- Excellent command over written and spoken English.