Production Engineer II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- To provide production engineering support for day-to-day operations of a lean six sigma pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
- Works on plant floor with the specialists, Production Manager, Supervisors, engineering and other staff to trouble-shoot technical problems with manufacturing, packaging or material handling equipment or process flow problems in production or warehouse areas.
- Coordinates and leads continuous improvement projects aimed at waste reduction and efficiency improvements by streamlining processes and improve capability.
- Implement equipment and process changes that improve quality and safety.
- Work with new product development efforts to identify most appropriate manufacturing processes in conjunction with R&D staff as well as outside suppliers and vendors.
- Monitors projects through the control phase and report results to management.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and previous exposure to pharmaceutical manufacturing highly preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, sound decision making skills, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and computer literacy.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean Sigma principles highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong listening skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply written procedures and standards governing manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering or a related scientific field.
- Minimum of three years of engineering experience required.
- Strong analysis skills and mechanical background preferred.
- Strong understanding of automation technologies, CAD and Excel preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in SAP a plus.
Must be able to wear negative and/or positive pressure respirators daily for long periods of time, be medically cleared to wear respirators without restrictions, and be clean shaven to seal area of the tight fitting respirator.