This job is currently Archived,
Production Engineer I - United States
Posted on : 03 June 2017
- Our company is a top five global over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers consumers and customers high quality products at affordable prices. From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies,our company has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company is also a leading provider of branded OTC products, generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri. Our company provides “Quality Affordable Healthcare Products across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
- As a Production Engineer at our company , you will provide production engineering support for day-to-day operations of a lean six sigma pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Initiate and drive continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
- Works on plant floor with the Specialists, Plant Manager, Supervisors, Engineering and other staff to troubleshoot technical problems with manufacturing or packaging equipment or process problems in production areas.
- Coordinates and leads continuous improvement projects aimed at waste reduction and efficiency improvements by streamlining processes and improve capability
- Work with new product development efforts to identify most appropriate manufacturing processes in conjunction with R & D staff.
- Implement equipment and process changes that improve quality and safety.
- Monitors projects through the control phase and report results to management.
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline required: consideration may be given to those who hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and previous exposure to pharmaceutical manufacturing highly preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, sound decision making skills, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and computer literacy.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean Sigma principles highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong listening skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply written procedures and standards governing manufacturing processes.