The day coordinator is responsible for the following activities:
- Seek to prevent occupational illnesses and injury by demonstrating safe behaviour participating in safety initiatives and helping colleagues and reports to work safely. Minimise impact of operations on the external environment;
- Conduct regular EHS active monitoring. Ensure significant time is spent on the floor with operations personnel to promote safe working behaviour and culture. Enforce via regular EHS communication and work to create an open, proactive relationship with the operations team to address EHS concerns quickly;
- Understand Site’s Quality and EHS requirements and policies that apply to the assigned area and make sure that the state of compliance is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with procedures. Ensure accurate and timely completion of production documentation. Responsible for accurate generation and completion of all production related documents;
- Ensure compliance with cGMP in the manufacturing area, raise deviations promptly where required and engage appropriate personnel if needed to provide prompt assessment of risk;
- Be responsible along with the shift supervisor for maintaining an acceptable standard of plant housekeeping to ensure facilities are audit ready at all times.
- Preparing production schedules, monitoring conformance and taking reschedule decision and liaising with other impacted teams as appropriate to ensure OSSCE processes are followed;
- Ensure expenses are maintained within the business plan target e.g overtime, consumables
- Communication of production performance (eg yield, schedule conformance) through daily production huddle;
- Lead the daily operational huddle and escalate concerns to process team leader;
- Coordinate resources effectively and escalate needs in order to meet production plan. Troubleshoot specific manufacturing/compliance situations to ensure business continuity and compliance;
- Act as key liaison for maintenance team to ensure PMs/CMs are scheduled appropriately and that relevant/timely maintenance work is occurring. Assist in carrying out essential GMP related plant housekeeping;
- Identify continuous improvements opportunities in the assigned areas and execute (or facilitate its execution).
- Attend process team meetings for example, EHS, quality, TS/MS and other key meetings.
- Drive a culture within the team of individual development and continuous improvement in all aspects of operations by promoting and employing the Performance Management Process for Lilly reports. Ensure clear Supervision for Non Lilly personnel;
- Observe and assess perform of team members, recognise both good and poor performance and take appropriate action. Recognise sensitive people issues and deal with these;
- Provide coaching and leadership in order that the operations personnel can both work effectively together and fulfil individual potential.
- Provide as needed technical advice and training for operations personnel