MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Position Overview: For the typing, filing and record keeping of all pharmaceutical records as required for IPT, Supply Chain & Quality Assurance.
Completes work assignments with minimal supervision/guidance.
Acts as a resource to colleagues with less experience.
May coordinate activities of others including projects and change controls.
Contributes towards to the achievement of team goals: Promotes team work.
- Experienced with MS Office Suite. Able to work in Visio, Graphing in Excel/pivot tables, familiar with mail merge techniques and document protection functionality within MS office.
- Anticipates & prioritises work to be done. Proactively applies knowledge/skills to a range of areas simplifying existing processes.
- Acts as a technical resource to colleagues.
Internal Client/External Customer Needs
- Understands client and customer needs and identifies solutions to non-standard requestes by interpreting existing procedures/practices.
- Solves moderately complex problems and applies judegement in developing solutions.
Planning & organising:
- Manages own work to meet competing priorities & deadlines.
- Typing of production documentation, reports & memorandums as well as other documentation for MMD in an efficient, prompt & accurate manner. Helps with overflow of typing work when required.
- Merging,managing, updating, printing & filing of Master Packaging Tickets.
- Typing vision flow charts.
- Managing of document life-cycle for log books & SOPs.
- Technical support (MS Office) for colleagues.
- Distribute physical mail into Packaging Department’s mail boxes
- Filing of production documentation into an orderly, accurate & retrievable manner.
- Documentation Security/Data Integrity: Ensure that MMD documentation has the correct classification, is correctly stored and is compliant with data integrity requirments.Ensure that all storage areas and conference venues are locked when required.
- Administers Petty Cash for the IPT (including meal & travel allowances) . Ensures all relevant documentation is approved by Technical Director & forwarded onto finance/pay roll.
- Ordering of non-inventory orders (disposable PPE, stationary, cleaning material, air tickets).
- Managing of spare locker keys
- Compliance activities: Document archiving and change control management.
Matric, preferably a secretarial diploma
MS Office proficiency essential.
At least 3 years secretarial experience
Familiarity with Pharmacuetical terms would be a recommendation.
Attention to detail.
-Experience in Pharmacuetical Industry
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
MSD is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of MSD and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. MSD reserves the right not to make an appointment as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic Job Title:Sr. Assoc, Administrative Services
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Healthcare Administration, Pharmaceutical, Supply, Quality Assurance, Technical Support, Healthcare, Science, Operations, Technology