Product Supply Project & Program Management Office - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- Our company is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets.
- The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopedics.
- Our company has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries.
- Responsible for the Project Management Office, and ensuring alignment on standards, tools and processes relating to PS projects/project portfolio across sites and functions.
- The head of PMO will be in charge of facilitating a series of global processes within Product Supply that are directly linked to the achievement of the strategy: establishment of the PS budget (project part), management of the Product Supply portfolio, management of the project capacity (resources vs. workload), and training of the project management community.
- Centre of expertise and reference for project stakeholders on questions concerning project management processes, tools and templates.
- Implement and maintain a standard, agile and best practice methodology for Project/Programme and Portfolio Management which is suitable for all projects (large and small) and across all PS sites and functions.
- Collect knowledge and lessons learnt from project experience and update the project/programme/portfolio management standards accordingly.
- Ensure a consistent project & portfolio management approach is in place in all sites and functions through the local PMO network:
- Project scoring and prioritisation models
- Project/portfolio management processes and tools
- Resource capacity plan / resource forecast to facilitate decision making
- Project Managers capabilities (as per training curriculum)
- Develop and maintain a single project database/system for all PS projects.
- Implementation, roll out and continuous improvement of the future portfolio & project management tool within PS.
- Project databases are complete and updated with robust data to provide PS with a platform
- Facilitate the portfolio management at PS level through the established governance: support the Hoshin Kanri Driver leaders in achieving their annual ambition through the use the PS Project Management database and systems to:Proactively look ahead: financial, capacity management (resources vs workload), risk management, introduction of new projects, closure of existing projects
- Monitor of all programs/portfolios/projects at PS level against establish success criteria and give advice to management on status, issues and risks
- Responsible for overseeing and facilitating the training of the global project management network on project/portfolio/programme management processes, practices and tools (including the future project management IT tool) in line with project management training curriculum
- Some training will be directly delivered by the Head of PMO, others will be delivered by the local PMOs or by external providers
- Leveraging the local PMO and finance controllers, facilitate Product Supply policy deployment through the Hoshin Kanri model
- This includes facilitating the project part of the Product Supply budget process through the defined project prioritization process including both the financial and capacity management (project capacity versus workload) aspects
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leadership of Operations /Operational Excellence in the Chemical/Life science/Biotech industry.
- Outstanding Project and Portfolio Management skills.
- Degree in Science or Engineering + a Project Management certification (PMI or Prince 2)
- Able to build relationships, to negotiate & influence, and manage change in matrix environment.
- Fluent in English and one other European language
- Proven ability to deliver safe, effective and fully compliant projects: Proven experience and knowledge in problem solving
- Team player, proactive, results oriented and keen on working in cross cultural environment
- Proven ability to understand, influence and motivate people
- Good communication skills, open minded