This job is currently Archived,
Product Specialist/Key Account Manager - Belgium
Posted on : 06 May 2017
Purpose of the position:
- The Product Specialist/Key Account Manager has 2 primary functions.
- He/She does direct sales in the defined territory and executes per the established yearly business plan.
- Additionally, he/she provides demonstrations, training, and ensures that customer complaints and enquiries from customers in the region are handled promptly and efficiently. The Product Specialist/Key Account Manager performs training of distributors and end-users and support in sales closing situation by demonstrating product benefits effectively.
- The Product Specialist/Key Account Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key decision owners, laboratory personnel and physicians in the targeted hospitals and laboratories.
- A successful Product Specialist/Key Account Manager will focus on growing profitable sales and achieving overall sales objectives as well as other defined performance metrics in their territory.
As Product Specialist:
- Actively performs sales activities and closes business per the defined yearly business plan for both instruments and cartridges.
- Leads the training of end-users.
- Appropriately triages customer inquiries and ensures that customer complaints are triaged and handled promptly and efficiently.
- Drives the sales process by demonstrating product benefits effectively.
- Involvement in studies and scientific communities.
- Performs instrument installations, upgrades and regular maintenance.
- Support other areas when needed.
As Key Account Manager:
- To develop the market and grow profitable sales in the designated Territory, and other specific areas as needed.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision owners, laboratory personnel and physicians in the targeted hospitals and laboratories
- A successful Key Account Manager will focus on growing profitable sales and achieving overall sales objectives as well as other defined performance metrics.
Profile & Competencies:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a scientific orientation;
- 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role is preferred;
- Broad understanding of work flow in pathology labs
- Lean experience, six sigma understanding is preferred
- Documented experience with delivering technical training
- Molecular Biology
- Analytical and business oriented
- Customer focused
- Result-driven with a strong sense of accountability
- Straightforward communication; able to engage healthcare professionals in meaningful dialogue to determine their needs and how our products can meet those needs
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to make an impact
- Self-starter, team player
- 80% field-based
- Perfect English; any other language is an asset;
- MS Office; CRM software.
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.