Product Marketing Specialist - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- To initiate and implement, including communication and coordination of, effective marketing campaigns and programmes for the CA (Small Animal and Equine) product range to achieve individual product sales targets within agreed promotional budget and facilitate achievement of overall company objectives.
- To ensure that product promotional literature, in particular literature accompanying Companion Animal Biologicals, is available in a timely manner and within agreed promotional budgets and compliance requirements.
- To provide management support to the CA business including product management support
- To monitor the markets for new and existing products where necessary to help drive the business forward and create new market opportunities ensuring company AH maintains a competitive advantage
- Liaison and communication with company AH UK and relevant departments within company AH international in particular International Marketing to ensure local alignment with relevant international campaigns.
- Proportional allocation of the advertising and promotional budgets for the products, for which the product manager is responsible, in agreement with the CA BU Manager Advertising and promotional campaigns plus product launches in conjunction with the Sales Team, the Veterinary Adviser and the CA BU Manager.
- Preparation of materials for sales meetings and attendance at sales meetings as required
- Management of and participating in project groups as appropriate
- Monthly sales forecasting and stock control in conjunction with the BU Manager and the customer services team.
- Recording and adherance to advertising and promotional budgets
- Monitoring pricing and reporting of any deviations or competition issues to the CA BU Manager
- Check and validate product movement (rebates, returns, samples, bonus stock etc.) and notify deviations to the CA BU Manager
- Organise (book, organise attendance, stands etc.) congress / clinical society / other technical meetings
- Candidates must be self-motivated and must also have sound decision-making skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and must be IT literate - familiar with the practical application of IT in a commercial environment, ideally using MS Office.
- A knowledge of budgetary control and project management skills are desirable.
- They must have excellent client-facing skills, both verbally and in writing, sound time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure with an ability to prioritize.
- They must also have ability to handle confidential issues, tact and diplomacy, and a high attention to detail.
- An ability to operate and communicate effectively at various levels, both within and outside of the Company is desirable as are the ability to identify and exploit new business opportunities, energy and resourcefulness with the ability to initiate and manage change and the ability to act as a team player.
- Educated to Advanced level (or equivalent) and some further education to a degree standard or equivalent
- Relevant Industry Qualification
- At least two years’ experience with marketing ideally with reference to companion animal veterinary product marketing in an Irish environment
- Passion and persistence
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge of the veterinary market
- In depth knowledge of marketing techniques
- Sound commercial acumen
- Good presentation skills
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Product Marketing, Outside Sales, Product Manager, Advertising, Marketing, Sales, Operations