This job is currently Archived,
Product/Market Manager - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 19 July 2017
This Product Manager position is a great opportunity to be involved with supporting BD’s Alaris® Infusion Platform. This position is responsible for defining the syringe market strategy, with a focus on overall product pipeline and new product development. Key activities include customer/market research, forecasting and financial analysis, identifying business opportunities, product investment decisions, defining and driving product initiatives from concept through commercial launch, and full support of the stage/gate process with R&D.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities include any of the following as assigned by your supervisor:
- Demonstrate in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in product/market management
- Identify global market opportunities, develop, implement and manage solutions, and provide subject matter expertise in healthcare product and informatics development.
- Assess financial implications, including profitability and viability, for complex product/market portfolios or segments.
- Manage aspects of the product lifecycle for moderately complex, defined products/markets.
- Develop and drive product launch and limited control release plans.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills related to interfacing and establishing relationships with customers and key influencers to ensure that marketing decisions are customer-driven.
- Support business responsibilities in Product Development processes such as Stage-Gate.
- Understand and manage product lifecycle processes and make recommendations to achieve sustainable economic success for complex product/market portfolios or segments.
- Competency with working in FDA, regulated environment for product development process.
- Participate on cross-functional teams with members in sales, manufacturing, field operations, R&D, Quality, regulatory, clinical, downstream marketing and user experience design to achieve economic success.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams/members without formal authority.
- Work closely with International downstream product managers to provide launch support during the release transition.
- 5+ years’ experience in upstream marketing, product management with a demonstrated business focus and competency.
- Medical device marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Related Field; MBA preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Advanced verbal, written and presentation/communications skills.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Personal characteristics: detail-oriented, critical thinker, self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful, self-aware, customer-focused, interested in professional development/career progression, personable.
- Up to 10% travel