This job is currently Archived,
Product Manager - South Korea
Posted on : 20 April 2017
- Support a team of account managers providing solutions to both reagent and system based problems in a sales and customer orientated environment, conduct or coordinate on site customer demonstrations, customer product training and troubleshooting the product range.
- Initiate and coordinate sales activity. Work together with the local & regional marketing and sales team to maximize sales potential to achieve or exceed target for a dedicated range of products (qPCR and digital PCR instruments and consumables, Flow Cytometry products).
- Actively follow sales leads, provide information and / or quotations to customers.
- Develop market awareness and help to build the future sales pipeline. Work together with the local sales teams and distributors to develop a tactical plan of action to build future pipeline and grow revenue both from existing and new customers. Activities may involve customer visits, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, etc.
- Collect market information providing market intelligence on competitor and major account activities, local changes in the market place, customer needs, new trends, including monitoring customer satisfaction, competitor activity, new customer needs and sales support materials, highlight opportunities, assessing market potential, identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Overall responsibility for creation of all tactical pieces including: advertisements, promotions, brochures, data sheets, instruction manuals, flyers, web copy, e-marketing and press releases. Edit and update collateral material etc.
- Provide quarterly and annually product sales analysis for existing products.
- Optimize own work efficiency by coordinating with all the necessary partners, align all activities at the customer site with the rest of the company, partner with other Instrument Specialists and European marketing team for the purpose of lead sharing and revenue optimization.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to effect productive relationships across all disciplines internally and nurturing of 3rd party relationships.
- Decisive, disciplined, and creative person who can effectively advance the interests of the life science business across different platform of technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required).
- Ability work flexibly and thrive in a fast changing environment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and willingness to tackle new challenges.
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
- Master's Degree or above in a Life Science disciplines (Biochemistry /Molecular Biology /Clinical Medicine/ Clinical Genetics preferred).
- At least 5 years marketing/technical support experience or product management experience in related market is preferred.
- Extensive experience and understanding of life science, molecular biotechnologies, cell biology, clinical/diagnostic products and how it can be applied in Life Science research, Applied Biotechnologies, Molecular Medicine or Molecular Diagnostics markets.
- Strong understanding/experience of PCR and qPCR, and related genomics technologies; digital PCR and NGS experience are favorable.
- First-hand knowledge of qPCR products, digital PCR and Flow Cytometry markets, vendors, and customers. Marketing experience in life science business.