Product Manager - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- Our company is a successful game-changer in the tooling industry for the automotive sector, and uses the advantages of 3D-printing in its measuring fixtures.
- Our client portfolio include leading TIER1 companies, and admirable OEM’s such as BMW, VW, Aston Martin, Bentley,...
- As a fast growing company, our company is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology, and who want to be surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Software Product Manager
You are accountable for defining, managing and implementing the short and long-term business plan for a software product, with the aim to build and maintain a profitable product.
You are accountable for the long-term viability (P&L) and sustainability of your product on a commercial and technical level and oversee all operational initiatives that support the execution of your business plans.
- Business development: you initiate study and analysis on market/customer evolution and competitive developments that could be addressed in future versions of your product(s). You assure these are evaluated on their commercial potential, economic impact to our company and fit with the overall strategy.
- You define the product business plan and release plan by prioritizing those developments/actions that have most impact on the product’s short and long-term commercial potential. You collect input from the key stakeholders (sales! VOC!) inside and outside our organization in order to come to a qualitative business- and release plan. You present and discuss this strategy and plan (including segmentation, targeting and positioning) to/with the members of the Management Team (product sponsor) in order to ensure alignment with the business unit’s and organization’s strategic direction.
- You manage the product and development budget from a cost perspective and provide critical input for the product sales targets. You are accountable for the P&L of your product.
- Unless explicitly delegated, you are the overall project owner/manager for the projects included in your release and business plan. You create the overall project plans and define the different sub-projects (requirements, development, marketing and product launch and sales approach). You assure project owners are identified for the different sub-projects and coordinate their activities.
- You act as the project owner for selected sub-projects and supervise those projects where ownership is delegated to product application engineers (smaller projects) or dedicated project managers (larger projects). For sub-projects where you are the owner you steer and coordinate the activities of all stakeholders that are contributing to the project.
- You are accountable for preparing and coordinating the product launch and go-to market through the definition of a marketing strategy for the different market segments, including a verified pricing scheme. You assure commercial efforts are supported by the appropriate trainings and marketing materials, manuals and user support and post launch monitoring. For younger products this can mean the market still needs to be developed and prepared.
- You are accountable for transferring a product release to the operations and support team.
- You are accountable for all regulatory and legal aspects regarding your product.
- You are accountable for monitoring (commercial) performance of your product, to assure results are in line with the expectations for your business plan and initiate actions when results are not met for the product or for specific market segments.
- You are the single point of contact, face and representative of your product at all levels of the organization (senior management, sales channels and other business units) and towards selected customers. In this way you personally keep in touch with market evolutions and customers’ needs
- Team builder: Build a close team of highly qualified experts, specialists and managers and stimulate collaboration between team members and teams in order to work as a well-functioning team.
- People manager: Coach and develop his/her employees to ensure their competencies, skills and know-how are used and developed to the best advantage and to work as a well-functioning project team.
- Stay well-informed about the evolutions and developments related to his/her products, keep his/her knowledge up-to-date within the context of the evolutions in order to strengthen his/her credibility by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
- Degree in engineering, product development or alike
- At least 5 years of experience in product management
- Experience in a business software environment, CAD/CAM and/or production environment is required
- Proficient knowledge of English is essential, any other language is an asset
- Analytical and strategic skills to define a roadmap
- Curiosity to seek for market opportunities
- make market positioning and value proposition tangible
- Speak customer, sales and software development ‘language’
- Driven by technology and meaningful innovations
- Entrepreneurial mindset, outgoing and building a network
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of the management team of a dynamic company which highly values openness, trust and team spirit.
- Competitive salary with a company car and extra-legal advantages
- Good career growth opportunities
- Exciting and challenging projects with an international scope
- External and internal trainings
- Fun working atmosphere where team spirit is the real deal