Product Manager Digital PCR - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- We are seeking a highly motivated person who wants to build a career in marketing to join our fast-paced team here at the Digital Biology Center at our company, where we're changing the world by pushing the boundaries of research with Droplet Digital PCR.
- The Product Manager will have direct product management responsibilities for products currently on the market, and is generally responsible for researching, understanding and finally communicating the needs of customers to the marketing and project teams for these products.
- Working with within the team of Product Managers, s/he will have the opportunity to develop an intimate understanding of the product portfolio and of the customers and what is important to them.
- The role is responsible for analyzing market, product and competitor trends, sales performance, and will communicate opportunities for product and process improvements to the business.
- As part of the marketing team, s/he will contribute to ongoing development of the strategic roadmap.
- The Product Manager will also have the opportunity to drive outbound marketing initiatives for a high-growth product line with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items.
- The ideal candidate has a strong scientific background and holds a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, and an advanced degree is highly desirable. S/he has existing knowledge, or the demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up, in the life science research markets – from cancer research and genome editing to virology and gene expression.
- The candidate is a person with experience in information gathering and possesses the ability to transform complex ideas into clear and actionable recommendations.
- The Product Manager must be a person who is able to effectively work on multiple projects and with multiple cross-functional teams in our fast-paced environment.
- The position demands constant interaction with senior product managers, project teams, manufacturing, sales teams and customers – the candidate must possess excellent communication and people skills in order to succeed in this role.
- A successful Product Manager will bring their analytical skills coupled with strong technical abilities and a genuine passion for new technologies and scientific advances. S/he should demonstrate strong initiative and motivation in approaching their workload as well as in learning new interpersonal and analytical skills.
What you need for this role:
- BS/BA in Life Science required (MS or PhD desired)
- Strong understanding/experience of PCR and qPCR, and related genomics technologies; digital PCR and NGS experience are favorable
- 0-3 years marketing (or highly related role) in the life sciences
- Up-to-date laboratory skills and vernacular; an ability to work with researchers (internal and external)
- Hands-on use of complex genomics analysis tools and methods
- Must have a professional manner, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Ability to ask open questions and have strong listening skills
- Requires demonstrated planning/organizational skills
- Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas
- Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, decision-making, conflict management, change management and negotiating skills
- Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations
- Able to present high level information for multiple audiences, including scientist, executives, and laymen
- Experience organizing and communicating technical information and training materials that meet customer and sales person's needs
- Experience defining, establishing and managing collaborations with researchers
- The candidate will travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally
- Proficiency in the following required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.