Product Manager Companion Animal - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, this role is responsible for leading the analysis, development and implementation of the marketing strategy and tactical implementation for a defined portfolio of Animal Health (AH) products to meet identified objectives for sales, product positioning, market growth and profitability.
Product Strategy and Planning
Under general guidance, lead the development of strategic marketing plans for a group of AH products, contributing to development of the Operating Plan and working with product teams to formulate detailed annual plans and objectives for promotions and campaigns in line with overall AH and marketing strategy and priorities.
Develop, review, revise and communicate sales forecasts and minimum inventory levels to guide production and delivery, taking into account promotional plans, seasonal variations and market demand
Manage the budget for a defined group of products, contributing to the development of sales and delegated marketing budgets by submitting plans detailing investment proposals and monitor spend to ensure budget targets are met
Pricing and Profitability
Determine and agree with sales operations appropriate pricing structure and flexibility for new and existing products, taking into account value pricing, direct marketing margin, demand, market conditions and the competitive environment to maximise profitability in line with overall AH targets.
Internal and External Relationships
Identify, build and develop constructive relationships with team colleagues, across the company AH business - UK, European and world-wide – and external contacts to facilitate team working, the exchange of information, the development of business opportunities and to promote the UK business.
Develop and manage marketing campaigns for key AH products and provide on-going support, guidance and training to sales teams in the implementation of plans, designing and/or commissioning promotional materials, PR, events and activities to meet agreed marketing plan priorities.
Cross Functional Teams
Lead and facilitate the work of a cross functional product team, including Technical Services, Sales and Customer Services, to facilitate a cohesive approach to the development, marketing and sale of new and existing AH products and services over the short, medium and long term.
- Energetic, positive, proactive can do attitude to work tasks
- Degree level in life science, business or relevant qualification and ideally CIM Diploma or Certificate
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of relevant marketing concepts and principles within ethical pharmaceuticals, FMCG or Animal Health
- Experience in Digital marketing channels is highly desirable
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical sales function and experience in a sales role would be an advantage
- Outstanding communication skills - verbal and written – fluency in English a requirement.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercial acumen including good understanding of industry-relevant financial data and the ability to analyse and interpret a range of financial information is essential
- Ability to obtain, analyse and interpret industry relevant market intelligence and market research data to derive conclusions and recommend creative solutions is essential
- Exceptional time management, project management and organisational skills
- Ability to brief and manage the relationship with creative agencies
- Line management skills and the ability to lead and motivate teams of staff (preferable)
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Manager, Pharmaceutical Sales, Marketing Manager, Direct Marketing, Marketing, Management, Sales