Product Manager Antibody Services - United Kingdom
- Responsible for delivery of service and product portfolio that supports the company’s strategy and goals.
- Primary focus on bulk catalog product services
- Works with the Custom Antibody Product Manager to deliver detailed plans, through the business planning process
- Delivers on plans, through organisation and management of assigned responsibilities from conceptual stages through product & service life cycle, to optimize profit and meet market, financial and growth objectives. Increases sales, identifies opportunities and improvements, creates effective marketing campaigns and provides sales and training support
- Product champion and ‘go-to’ resource for area of responsibility
- Working with key internal and external stakeholders, audit the existing service and product offering. Determine existing and new value; include evaluation of positioning, pricing, supply, manufacturing and discontinuation of unprofitable or obsolete products and services. The overall aim is to maximize our gross margins and drive revenue growth.
- Translate customer needs, market trends, technology developments and competitor capabilities into cohesive service and portfolio strategies. Deliver a business plan in support of market requirements, fully aligned to the company Business Planning Process. Deliver reasoned product and service development justifications and buy/build decisions. Interface with the marketing, sales, operations and manufacturing teams to deliver products and services that meet the required specifications.
- Launch products and services into the market through all available channels, including e-commerce routes. Define and execute go-to-market strategies, considering positioning, price, licensing and contracts, internal training needs and collateral materials. This will require working closely with stakeholders across the company.
- Organise and drive voice-of-customer and voice-of-sales processes to identify customer needs in relevant segments; develop KOL relationships across relevant market segments. Become the business partner for our sales teams and other customer touch-points.
- Experience of strategic and tactical marketing planning and implementation
- Ability to identify market opportunities, champion these opportunities, and produce business plans for internal review
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Confident at communicating with all levels of business, colleagues and customers
- Organization, numeracy and written skills
- Project management experience desirable
Degree in the life sciences is essential
- Minimum of 2 years product marketing within the life sciences reagents sector
- Demonstrable track record of bringing successful products to market
- Experience in a customer facing role is highly desirable, e.g. sales, business development
- Experience of procurement/supply of reagent materials in bulk quantities would be advantageous