Product Leader – Automation & Microfluidics - United States
As the Product manager for PKI’s Automation Portfolio, you will work closely with PKI’s Product Management team and be involved and coached in all aspects of Product Management. The opportunity seeks to find someone who will be able to manage the life cycle of products, develop growth strategies focused on growth in the Automation market.
Reporting into the Product Portfolio Director, you will help to support and maintain a portfolio of products, The Product manager will interface directly with customers to understand the existing and future needs of the marketplace and adapt the product portfolio to match those needs. The Product manager will provide support for both new and existing products and will also be asked to support other product management activities, including but not limited to market research, sales support and implementation of product line strategies. The position will interact with Market Development, R&D, Sales, Operations teams and other stakeholders to meet revenue and profitability goals. The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently, exercising good judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide answers and guidance to operations and sales ranging from quoting, logistics, inventory availability, pricing, profitability, quality challenges, etc.
- Manage in-life product performance: sales, margin, etc.
- Product line revenue forecasting and interpretation/decision making on data analyzed
- Prepare and present product sales training
- Provide new product communication to internal and external customers
- Attend scientific tradeshows
- Provide direct product support to sales, marketing and manufacturing team
- Analyze market competition and demand
- Provide support for other departmental projects as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Product Portfolio Director
- MS/BS degree in or equivalent preferred biology or chemistry, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial Life science organisation
- Business acumen preferred
- Team participation skills, a proven team player
- Sales experience desired
- Strong relationship building abilities both with internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects at the same time
- Enthusiasm, drive, initiative and a can-do attitude is a prerequisite
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions and/or ideas.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as basic mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Proficient communication skills and web/internet/google browsing experience
- Demonstrated success in current role
- Willing to further education/knowledge in product management
- Travel required will be 20% able to travel domestically & internationally, flexibility in last minute travel arrangements necessary