Product Knowledge Lead Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of the Value Chain Management Team, the Product Knowledge Lead will focus on holistic management of product and process knowledge for one or more of Merck’s key products. The lead will develop and oversee a comprehensive integrated product and process knowledge strategy which facilitates data capture, document management, knowledge sharing and collaboration across the Merck (internal and external) network and the product lifecycle. The position will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the MMD KM Center of Excellence (CoE) which is a global, innovative, multidisciplinary team which provides KM leadership for MMD and partner groups across the Merck enterprise.
The Product Knowledge Lead will serve as a champion for product and process E2E knowledge, across all levels and functional areas for one or more key Merck products. The Product Knowledge Lead is responsible for improving business outcomes (e.g. Reliable Supply) through defining the product knowledge strategy and enabling the improved flow of explicit and tacit knowledge. To accomplish this, the Lead will work with stakeholder and partner groups across MMD to understand business requirements and diagnose current state knowledge flow, and subsequently deploy KM capabilities and services which will improve knowledge flow and deliver planned outcome improvements. Operationalizing (embedding) KM capabilities into the flow of routine business processes and tracking benefits realization are among key expectations. The Product Knowledge Lead will be expected to be fluent (or the ability to upskill) in various KM approaches and supporting methodologies (e.g. change management) to proactively manage knowledge for key products
- Lead, plan, and support the development and implementation of the E2E Product Knowledge strategy in alignment with KM CoE Processes and MMD strategic objectives
- Develop business cases for [product] portfolio projects and though the execution of these projects, realize improvements in knowledge capture and flow.
- Identification of current projects related to product and process knowledge (across the lifecycle) of the respective products
- Champion utilization of standard knowledge management business processes and tools to enable the flow of product and process knowledge
- Defines and reports KPI for critical product and process knowledge management effectiveness to senior management.
- Champion the preservation and use of product and process knowledge by encouraging employees to share knowledge, ensuring they are aware of the knowledge management resources available to support their work, and are using the systems efficiently and productively.
- Participate in requirement development for any information technology tools needed to support product and process knowledge
- Willingness and ability to take a hands-on role in any of the above to deliver desired outcomes
- Required: Bachelor degree in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years of leadership experience in Life Sciences/pharmaceutical environment and/or proven leadership in Knowledge Management in a related field/industry essential
- Product and Process Knowledge: Must have understanding product lifecycle phases, typical types of product and process knowledge and experience generating or managing product and process knowledge in the commercialization /product manufacturing lifecycle phase of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Business Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills, including strategic thinking, high emotional intelligence, strong facilitator and negotiator, agent of change, effective communicator, skillful listener and track record of demonstrating inclusion principles
- Change Leadership: Expertise and proven track record of effective change management and value realization
- KM principles and methodologies: Experience with KM approaches including professional networking / social media; taxonomies; expertise location; best practices transfer; lessons learned; etc.
- Regulatory understanding: Working knowledge of global GMP and ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements. Specifically International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines which establish the paradigm for Quality by Design and development and manufacture of drug substances, specifically ICH Q8 Pharmaceutical Development, ICH Q9 Quality Risk Management, ICH Q10 Pharmaceutical Quality System
- Business acumen: Clear understanding of business situation and processes, and can map processes as required, and good working knowledge of organizational and business strategy
- Influence and networking: Ability to contract with and influence senior leaders in the organization, well-connected and credible across business units, good at networking, collaboration and sharing of ideas and success; acknowledges others contributions
- Customer focus: Ability to elicit requirements and anticipate customer needs, at both operational and strategic levels, and ability to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Adaptive thinking: Ability to think strategically for long term vision and in terms of culture, behavior, business processes and tools yet can meet tactical needs and tailor solutions to be fit-for-purpose and deliver quick wins
- Innovation: Creative, innovative, self-motivated, applies problem-solving skills (thinks outside of the box) and systems thinking skills
- Communications: Highly effective and credible communicator with exceptional written and oral skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels and tailor messaging to the audience to drive desired outcomes
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Job Title:Dir, Business Consulting
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Pharmaceutical, Consulting, Supply, Engineering, Legal, Science, Technology, Operations