Product & Process Knowledge Specialist, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Product and Process Knowledge Specialist is a part of the MMD KM Center of Excellence (CoE) a global, innovative, multidisciplinary team that provides leadership for the practice of KM for MMD and partner groups across the Merck enterprise. As a member of the MMD KM CoE, the Specialist will help develop standard business processes for identification, capture and reuse of process and product knowledge for one or more of Merck’s key products. The specialist will participate in product knowledge strategy development and process and or tool implementation, as necessary.
The specialist will work with stakeholder and partner groups across MMD to understand business requirements and diagnose current state knowledge flow, and subsequently deploy KM capabilities and services, which will improve knowledge flow and deliver planned outcome improvements. Operationalizing (embedding) KM capabilities into the flow of routine business processes and tracking benefits realization are among key expectations.
- In conjunction with Product Knowledge leads, assist with definition of the product and process knowledge strategy for the respective products.
- Support the design, implementation and sustainment of core knowledge management approaches used to support critical product and process knowledge flow within and across the business and knowledge domains.
- Monitor, and maintain the use and improvement of common knowledge management processes, approaches, and tools across the organization and report progress of KM projects to the Knowledge Management Lead.
- Monitor, measure, and report the effectiveness, maintenance, and use of tools and systems as they apply to product and process KM, and implement improvements.
- Participate in requirement development for any information technology tools needed to support product and process knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more of the following: pharmaceutical/biotech industry, GMP manufacturing, Technical Operations, Process Development, Product Lifecycle Project Management within an FDA regulated organization, Regulatory Agency focusing on Pharmaceuticals/Biologics, and/or Knowledge Management function within an FDA regulated organization
- Aware of tools/processes that support knowledge management
- Works effectively as a team member
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally if necessary
- Product lifecycle phases: Understanding typical types of product and process knowledge and experience generating or managing product and process knowledge in the commercialization /product manufacturing lifecycle phase of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- KM principles and methodologies: Experience with KM approaches such as taxonomies; expertise location; best practices transfer; lessons learned; etc.
- Project Management Experience: Ability to manage project plans, action logs and timelines.
- Adaptive thinking: Ability to think strategically for long term vision and in terms of culture, behavior, business processes and tools yet can meet tactical needs and tailor solutions to be fit-for-purpose and deliver quick wins
- Communications: Effective and credible communicator with exceptional written and oral skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels and tailor messaging to the audience to drive desired outcomes
- Business analysis skills to build business cases, realization plans for business cases, ask probative questions to identify business requirements
- Experience with group facilitation is helpful
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Business Consulting
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Biotech, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Consulting, Science, Manufacturing, Technology