Procurement Specialist Job - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The role will be based in Carlow and lie within the Global Procurement organisation at MSD, reporting to the Procurment Lead at Carlow
This position covers responsibility for the management of all addressable spend in site. It will ensure stewardship of the external supply base that supports MSD's business at site including cost, risk, compliance, and supplier innovation.
This position needs to be in close collaboration with the relevant site stakeholder, Ireland Procurement Team and the Global Procurement Centres of Expertise (“COE).
This position will ensure that Global Procurement is in full control and has detailed understanding of the local supply market, local business practices, laws, regulations and policies.
This position will bring together World Class Procurement practices and strong business knowledge to ensure that the function truly adds value to MSD's customers.
• Work closely with internal customers during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
• Identify and advise internal customers and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
• Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationship with the supplier. Obtain internal concurrence. Ensure legal review approval is obtained in advance of any contract commitment.
• Obtaining approval at EMEA/Global level for sourcing decisions being recommended under area/s of responsibility.
• Support Supplier Development & Performance group (SD&PM) in resolving any significant supply issues relating to supplier delvivery & assurance of supply.
• Define and manage local supplier risk profiles.
• Minimize procured inventory obsolescence through vendor managed inventory programme. Support the management of supplier’s constraints and capacity related issues.
• Prepare month end KPI reports, savings identified & realised, PPV, DPO, Supplier Diversity, Supplier concentration etc.
• Actively lead in-group strategic sourcing initiatives, as directed by the Procurement Lead.
• Support Material Cost Reduction, Freight cost reduction supplier lead time reduction and supplier partnership development.
• Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
• Develop plans for key local suppliers with application of appropriate sourcing strategy for spend category.
Ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy and company guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• IIPMM qualification or equivalent desirable
• 3+ yrs experience in a comparable role
• SAP/ERP experience essential
• Good knowledge of systems e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, JDE Purchasing system an advantage and AS 400 and SAP experience. Intermediate proficiency on Excel essential (pivots, charts etc).
• Knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP, e-procurement.
• Clear understanding of budgeting / forecasting and the effects of cost savings.
• Stakeholder Engagement, Influencing and Management skills
• Good communication skills.
• Problem Solving Skills
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Procurement Generic Job Title:Procurement Specialist
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Leinster-Carlow
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Ireland - IrishJobs.ie
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Procurement, ERP, Supply, SAP, Buyer, Operations, Technology