Procurement Portfolio Project Manager - United States
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Procurement Research & Development, the Procurement Portfolio Project Manager is responsible for driving a team of procurement and other functional professionals from multiple functions, regions and external partners. The associate will have overall accountability for the project planning, tracking, reporting, ensuring resources are allocated appropriately on key procurement functional projects against defined schedule and budgets, and complete project management from initiation leading up to successful completion.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinates and drives accountability, schedule development, resource and other planning and the review of progress on projects
- Identifies baseline of procurement resources against a portfolio of projects
- Conducts periodic briefings / status updates, raises issues or concerns as needed , communicates effectively and efficiently while providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Responsible for Program Management Office of the R&D Procurement Leadership Team
- Other projects as assigned. May include M&A activities and other duties as required
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages the reporting and tracking of a portfolio of projects Leads project reviews and ensures effective, accurate and timely communication across functional areas
- Identifies needs and implement solutions to improve tracking, planning and collaboration
- Executes small scale projects of low complexity and / or leads small teams to execute projects
- Drive efficiencies through discrete internal based projects
- Identifies potential project delays and develops action plans for at risk point in the process
- Maintains all documents related to the projects
- Understanding needs Tracks progress against plan, manages the project budget, identifies project risks and provides plans to mitigate those risks
- Guides the successful completion of projects
Accountable for communicating project status and improvements to Procurement Leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Knowledgeable in project management industry best practices.
- Proven experience in establishing and driving stakeholder management plans, risk/issue management plans
- Strong influencing and communication skills within a highly matrixed and multi-cultural organization
Preferred and Additional Qualifications:
- Excellent project / program management with demonstrated experience on driving project detailed scope, schedule and budget from initiation through closure.
- Experienced establishing and implementing controls to manage scope change and reporting project schedule/budget performance.
- Proficiency in using standard project tools (MS Office, MS Project, MS SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity and working under pressure with tight timelines and moving targets
- Strong team player and work independently
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify root causes and corrective actions