Procurement Manager (Indirect) - United States
The Procurement Manager has a specialty focus on HR Benefits, HR Consulting Services and HR Service Delivery System.
- The Procurement Manager executes sourcing strategies for the assigned sites and / or categories as defined in the three to five year road maps, and as directed by the Sourcing Group Director/ Manager. The assigned scope is generally broad in nature over multiple sites.
- Implementation activities generally include overall project management, procurement aspects of supplier qualification, risk mitigation programs, and appropriate implementation of the source-to-pay process inclusive of customer-centric support content and preferred payment methods.
- The Procurement Manager leads supplier management activities and executes supplier compliance activities for assigned suppliers. Suppliers are generally regional in nature and may span only a few sites, a business or a function.
- This associate is responsible for achieving Class I and II savings targets, and for assigned supply base, developing value plans, supplier management and compliance activities, and achiving value targets within the assigned sites and/or categories.
- The Procurement Manager is responsible for customer relationships with stakeholders for assigned categories and / or sites, and handles a wide range of two-way communication with and in support of site procurement that arises in the course of implementation, while demonstrating close collaboration and alignment with category group leaders and global and regional strategic sourcing managers.
- The Procurement Manager may be responsible for contributing the the global category teams in the development, communication and approval of sourcing strategies, collecting and providing regional business requirements and regional supply market information and supply practices.
- Performance is measured against agreed cost savings and value targets, supplier compliance as well as proficiency in the use of the applicable tools for the strategic sourcing process.
- Accountable to procurement and operations leadership for the strategy and execution and supply base management activity; implementation of projects generated by sourcing strategies.
- For direct categories in the portfolio, accountable for compliance to corporate procedures for designated suppliers within the assigned region, including supplier relationship management activities. For indirect categories in the portfolio, accountable for demand management and governance and compliance metrics
- Responsible for the delivery of savings and value, including Class I and Class II commitments
- Implementation: 50-60
- Suppliers: Innovation, Compliance, Process: 20%
- Category Strategy: 10-20%
- Internal Customers: 10%
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum five years of work experience in procurement
- Experience working with HR Benefits (Medical and Non-Medical)and HR Service Delivery systems
- Strong experience with RFQ's/RFP's
- Cost management practices
- Purchasing process knowledge
- Quantitative and financial analysis
- Project Management
- Solid purchasing fundamentals
- Strategic sourcing process participation
- Supplier management
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Drive for results
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience coordinating and leading quarterly business reviews
- IT Systems - SAP, BW, POP, FSC, SMIS
- MS Project
- Indirect procurement experience
- Process Effectiveness
- Regulatory Systems and Compliance including quality concepts
- MBA or equivalent degree
- NAPM certification
- APICS certification