Procurement Manager II (OEM/Resale) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- The OEM/Resale Procurement Manager is responsible for all Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Development, Supplier Contract Governance and Indirect spending activities. The primary objective of this position is to source, negotiate and manage suppliers for OEM and resale products in a way that minimizes the Company’s overall costs. This person will lead a team of professional level buyers and oversee 15+ suppliers and important business partnerships.
- This position is responsible to manage a team of Procurement Specialists that conduct the planning and the buying of the materials.
- The materials range in complexity from consumable reagents to large pieces of instrumentation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills with the ability to drive results.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence senior management through effective communication and persuasive positioning.
- Solid organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks in an environment with large volumes of data.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities from conception to completion in a fast-paced, global matrix-organization team environment. Effective project management discipline and oversight capability.
- Negotiation Skills Required. Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite.
- Experience with ERP; SAP experience a plus. APICS, ISM or Project Management Certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- MBA or Masters of Finance or Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years procurement work experience in a Life Science/Medical Device and / or related industry.
- 5+ years of experience leading /managing others in strategic sourcing with experience supporting a multi-state matrix organization.
- Experience providing procurement support to executive clients.
- Professional certification in procurement or sourcing a plus.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred. GMP or QSR a plus.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.