Procurement Manager - Direct Materials - Netherlands
Do you have a Master Degree with procurement experience in the pharmaceutical industry? Then Astellas has an interesting job opportunity for you!
Procurement Manager Direct Materials
Leiden, The Netherlands, Fulltime, 40 hours
Your job as a Procurement Manager
Supply Chain & Contract Manufacturing ensures that the Astellas products reach our customer in time, at the appropriate quality and cost. This is valid through the entire product life cycle, from launch to discontinuation as well as the entire supply chain from Raw Material until Finished Pack. SC & CM not only secures a reliable replenishment and distribution of the Astellas sales, it also contributes to launching products as early as possible and to all initiatives aiming to prolong product life span. The products are packaged in our Astellas sites (Kerry and Meppel) or alternatively they are sourced from contract manufacturers. Within SC & CM the Procurement team is responsible for managing the supplier base to achieve market leading deliverables in terms of stable supply, costs, quality and compliance.
Procurement will support the Director Contract Manufacturing and Procurement in establishing the supplier base required in increasingly complex environment (product complexity, increased spend, increased revenue impact). This role will have the following key responsibilities:
- Define, execute and be accountable for Regional and Global Category Strategies that are aligned with business requirements, provide short, medium and long term focus and generate market-leading deliverables
- Establish and lead multi-functional, cross business category teams to develop and implement plans to optimize category performance
- Serve as primary interface to respective Global and Regional Business Unit / Functional Leaders to align procurement activities with operating priorities, influence behaviors and deliver leading financial and performance objectives.
- Be recognized as the Global/Regional centre of expertise for given categories and utilize this knowledge to act as a Change Agent for implementing Astellas strategy
- Apply leading tools and techniques to segment suppliers for the category, understand supplier performance, analyse market trends & constraints and deliver a broad range of value chain initiatives to improve performance, reliability, quality and costs
- Represent EMEA Procurement team in absence of Head of Procurement for specific topics
- Key contributing role in development of Global Procurement organization and Global Category Management structure, proactively seeking collaboration opportunities
- Manage risk associated with category impact, deploying analytical tools and datasets to assess risk, recommend action, manage market volatility and optimize costs.
- Functionally lead Category Management activities within category.
- Managing Supplier selection process (RFP)
- (re-) Negotiating contracts
- Contract management throughout the contract lifecycle
Your personal qualifications as a Senior Manager TBIM
- Masters degree in Procurement, Pharmaceutical or related field
- > 5 years within similar role with proven ability to translate conceptual strategies into action plans
- In-depth market knowledge of given category, understanding long term trends
- Proven track-record in establishing and managing category teams in complex matrix organization
- Strong business acumen, being able to prioritize objectives and drive progress without jeopardizing outcome
- High energy level, positive attitude, can-do mentality
- High level of stress resistance, ability to deliver results under pressure
- A challenging job within an international team
- Inspiring and dynamic work climate
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- a 13th month
- excellent pension policy
- health insurance compensation
- collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- 25 Holidays + 13 so called ADV Days
- and more….
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognised as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring we are a highly effective organisation, that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture.. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 17,000 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 11 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in research & development (R&D), manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,500 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products.
Astellas employs around 950 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.