Procurement Associate – Cork - Ireland
Project Prochem (company)
- Manages the procurement process, including sourcing suppliers/bidders, negotiation, order formation and issuance, and associated administration required to run the operation.
- Reports to Technology Lead – Biologics IPT
- The Purchasing Specialist is accountable for the smooth execution of all appropriate functions associated with Procurement activities within the Biologics Integrated Process Team (IPT).
- He/She will contribute to the High-Performance culture within the IPT by providing a flexible, accurate service to enable the IPT to achieve MMD four key priorities.
- He/She is an active member of the Procurement team providing support, guidance and expertise.
- The Purchasing Specialist will participate and comply with the MMD Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant to you.
- Primary activities/responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal customers during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Identify and advise internal customers and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationship with the supplier. Discuss contract terms with US Law Department as part of contract review process. Obtain internal concurrence. Ensure legal review approval is obtained in advance of any contract commitment.
- Own site Supplier Delivery performance & manage delivery related issues with key suppliers.
- Minimize procured inventory obsolescence through vendor managed inventory programme. Manage supplier’s constraints and capacity related issues.
- Prepare month end KPI reports, plans completed, savings identified & realised, evaluations completed/supplier delivery performance results/purchasing cycle time.
- Actively lead in-group strategic sourcing initiatives, as directed by the Purchasing Supervisor.
- Support MRP II ‘Class A’ program by delivering World Class results in Supplier Reliability, Supplier Schedule Stability, Schedule Adherence, Material Cost Reduction, Freight cost reduction, Material inventory reduction, supplier lead time reduction and obsolescence control and supplier partnership development.
- Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
- Manage supplier evaluation program within area of responsibility for key suppliers.
- Develop plans of purchase for key suppliers with application of appropriate sourcing strategy for spend category.
- Monitor and trend rates for Contractor Supply base and negotiate rates on an annual basis. Ensure tracking system of rate review is maintained and communicated.
- Support agreed Prism System and Web Projects.
- Ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy and company guidelines.
Education & Qualifications Required:
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Business and/or Science)
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Desirable for Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Desirable project management qualification such as PMP etc.
- At least five years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment including experience in procurement / commercial / contract management.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing, Process etc).
- Desirable to have a Process and Technology background
- Knowledge and experience in applying Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated use of continuous improvement skills/tools.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100