Procure to Pay (PtP) Associate Director – Payments, Regional Delivery Center – Europe Job - Czechia
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe in Prague, Czech Republic will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
The PtP Associate Director – Payments will be accountable and responsible for the delivery and execution of accounts payable processes for all markets that the RDC in Prague supports in the Europe region. The objective of this role is to lead and enable the RDC PtP function based in Prague to partner with its Finance and business counterparts to ensure that business objectives are sufficiently met.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist the PtP Director to establish and grow the RDC – Europe PtP function; provide strategic guidance and direction to PtP Payments function employees.
• Demonstrate full operational responsibility for the PtP Payments function to ensure all deliverables are successfully achieved, including operational performance, people management and development, and adhering to compliance requirements together with supporting and implementing on transformation requirements
• Manage escalations as required on invoice exception processing, including open receipts
• Resolve transactional issues as needed and address process performance anomalies
• Assist in internal/external audits to ensure all appropriate controls are being followed
• Review and analyze existing procedures and seek to incorporate changes that will improve the department and/or business
• Maintain good relationships with key leaders in the RDC and work strategically with these partners to advance the PtP function
• Review and approve work performed by staff in the Payments department
• Lead, participate, and support special projects as requested by leadership
• Develop a good understanding of the overall Finance organization and broader MSD business; build and develop network and partnerships with key Finance and business leaders across MSD, specifically within the Europe region
• Act as a Business Partner to the market Finance Leads and business stakeholders; play a key role in the development of global financial processes and enhancing the capacity of the PtP function
• Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of MSD’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls
• Oversee MSD’s strategic BPO and other partners that support the daily processing of settlements.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of accounting payable or equivalent Finance or Shared Services experience required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading team of Procure to Pay professionals preferred
• PtP or AP certification by an accredited organization preferred
• Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required
• Familiarity with US GAAP preferred
• Solid financial background with experience in accounting processes
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
Technical Skills Requirements
• Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and manage an effective team of highly-qualified and culturally diverse professionals
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
• Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
• Willingness to travel for meetings and projects
• Strong customer service mind-set
• SAP or JDE experience required
• Strong understanding of SOX requirements
• Strong knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
Physical Position Requirements
• Prague, Czech Republic
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally for business meetings, workshops and leadership meetings
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Procure to Pay (PtP) Associate Director – Payments, Regional Delivery Center – Europe
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, ERP, Accounting, Manager, BPO, Finance, Technology, Management, Operations