- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish, grow, and lead the RDC – Europe PtP function; provide strategic guidance and direction to PtP function employees
- Demonstrate full operational responsibility for the PtP function to ensure all deliverables are successfully achieved, including operational performance, people management and development, and adhering to compliance requirements together with supporting and implementing on transformation requirements
- Resolve transactional issues as needed and address process performance anomalies
- Develop a good understanding of the overall Finance organization and broader company business; build and develop network and partnerships with key Finance and business leaders across the company, specifically within the Europe region
- Lead and implement effective PtP processes
- Challenge the status quo and champion new ideas
- Design and implement ways to streamline and standardize operations, which includes creating metrics for success
- Act as a Business Partner to the market Finance Leads and business stakeholders; play a key role in the development of global financial processes and enhancing the capacity of the PtP function
- Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of company’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and propose innovative solutions, agreed with Process Stewards, adopted globally so the PtP function can operate in an efficient and cost effective manner and achieve targeted budget savings
- Oversee the implementation of complex projects/issues which require experience and significant PtP technical abilities; work collaboratively with other business partners to execute approved projects
- Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and related internal control documentation
- Monitor the RDC – Europe’s performance against pre-defined PtP-related SOPs and performance metrics; assure root cause analysis of errors and non-compliant invoices have been performed and corrective actions have been implemented
- Manage RDC – Europe’s relationships with local and global vendors overseeing governance with our outsourced BPO provider, proactively partnering as appropriate
- Prepare presentations and provide critical inputs for various meetings and discussions with senior management (e.g., FSLT)
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment
- Oversee goal setting, sharing of best practices, workload balancing, teambuilding, professional development, and general operating parameters of the RDC – Europe’s PtP function
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 10 years of PtP or equivalent Finance or Shared Services experience required
- Fluency in English and Czech required
- Professional experience at an organization with European capital requirements preferred
- Well versed in European GAAP preferred
- Management and supervisory experience required, preferably in a shared service environment
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- Solid experience of leading change
- Strong knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and manage an effective team of highly-qualified and culturally diverse professionals
Technical Skills Requirements
- Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple projects
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
- Willingness to travel for meetings and projects
- Strong customer service mind-set
- SAP experience required
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Manager, Accounting, ERP, SAP, Finance, Management, Technology