Processor II, Imaging - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The purpose of this position is to process quality fiber optic bundles and imaging systems while adhering to prescribed standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All employees are expected to be knowledgeable about and follow the Company’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policies, including policies on the rights of individuals with disabilities and harassment.
- The specific duties of this position include but are not limited to: loading image bundles into glass tubes for grinding and polishing (hot air gun operation), operating a small cut-off saw, inspecting image bundles under a microscope and on a TV monitor and etching.
- Semi-routine assemblies/processing of various intricate optical and mechanical components for imaging systems.
- In compliance with established procedures, the position requires the completion of all tracking, inventory, processing, and safety documentation.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks or processing.
- Quantity of units produced should correspond to the time standards
- Load/unload ovens.
- Responsible for following prescribed processing techniques and within assigned time standards to produce quality imagers while meeting productivity guidelines.
- May perform three or more of the following: Batching chemicals, core bar reductions, Billet cutting, Rigid bundle G&P, Drum operations, singles mix washing, training as a multi-builder
- Understand the process flow on assigned tasks (suppliers/customers) and the impact of their decisions.
- Actively participate in company sponsored training programs.
- Ability to cross train in other value stream processes as needed.
- Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of experience processing miniature precision medical products and machinery preferred. Ability to operate simple to moderately complicated machinery.
- Proficient in moderately complex machine operations, processing of miniature precision medical products.
- This position involves inventory tracking and control of large and diverse amounts of material, some organizational skills are essential.
- Good knowledge of math and ability to apply that knowledge to the basic reading of blueprints and the use of basic measuring tools such as rules, micrometers and verniers.
- Ability to read, understand and apply the information contained in written procedures and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
- Ability to meet takt time and quality standards.
- Must have the ability to work with adhesives, solvents, microscopes, small hand and power tools, measurement devices and other related tools and equipment.
- Must be able to work well with coworkers.
- Computer literacy and experience with common applications.
- Prior clean room experience desired.
- Company Matched 401k
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
- Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness Reimbursement $200
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability .