This job is currently Archived,
Process Technician - Ireland
Posted on : 04 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Process Technician will operate, troubleshoot, maintain and support manufacturing operations.
- This position is accountable for the smooth execution of all appropriate functions associated with the role.
- He/She will contribute to the High Performance culture within the IPT providing a flexible, accurate service to enable the department to achieve our Manufacturing Division four key priorities. He/She is an active member of the IPT team providing support, guidance and expertise.
- The Process Technician IPC will participate and comply with our Manufacturing Division Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant to you.
The following are examples of the activities required within the role, whereby the person must be flexible to perform all of the following functions and other tasks as needed:
- Perform on-going cleaning/maintenance of area;
- Operate production equipment required for batch manufacturing;
- Set-up and prepare equipment for ongoing operations;
- Operate various computer controlled process support/process equipment (i.e. equipment control systems, DCSs, autoclave, Incubator, pH meters, washer, lyophiliser, cap/inspect machine etc (this list is not exhaustive);
- In-Process Testing;
- Batch specific environmental monitoring;
- Routine Calibrations;
- Basic PMs;
- Provide training to others;
- Follow instructions for completion of job tasks;
- Perform general troubleshooting and front line maintenance of equipment while maintaining production schedule;
- Perform annual re-qualification of equipment;
- Responsible for working as part of an empowered team to achieve site mission, vision and goals through:
- Efficient and safe operation of equipment;
- Effective communication;
- Active participation of the Tier process;
- Adhere to compliance, regulatory requirements; Safety and cGMP.
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives using company Sigma toolkit.
- Minimum Leaving Certificate with a requirement to advance to a relevant 3rd Level Qualification (Science, Engineering, Production) within a three year period.
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in working in a team environment to deliver production schedules in a compliant culture.
- Demonstrated capability and ability to deliver production schedules.
- Good technical ability, problem solving experience.
- Previous experience of delivery of training, maintaining housekeeping, and 6S in all production areas while focusing on continuous process improvement using Lean Principles.
- Applicant should have previously demonstrated strong team skills, flexibility, motivation, ability to troubleshoot/problem solve, with a strong emphasis around safety and compliance practices.
- Applicants should actively support, participate and embrace an empowered team culture and have excellent communication skills
- Desirable: Evidence of Continuous Personal Development.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Segment: Technician, Housekeeping, Law, Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Hospitality, Legal, Engineering