This job is currently Archived,
Process Scientist Pencoed United Kingdom,
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (company)
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- Our company is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Our company serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
- With a history of more than 75 years, Our company is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics.
- Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Our company's high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Our company's has more than 4,200 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
- Our company is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world.
- People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help our company grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace.
- The power to re-imagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn t thought possible before.
- Our company s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by re-imagining what s possible. It s what defines them.
The Career Potential:
- Our company is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics.
- To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures.
- As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before.
- There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at our company.
- More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
- We are looking to appoint Process Scientists based at our manufacturing site.
- The role(s) will be to support and improve existing and new Vitros ECi Products though their manufacturing and release testing through Trouble Shooting.
- Reporting to the Operations Technical, you will be responsible for the identifying, leading and executing continuous improvement projects / CAPA with a range of complexities both technical & scientific to drive innovation, enhance product performance, resolve product / process problems, support new product introduction, provide cost improvements and optimize production.
- For new products, this will also involve the optimization and development of coated well manufacturing and testing methods. And in addition support of other components/ test methods.
- The roles are as individual contributors, working in a team with other Scientists.
- The successful candidates should exhibit the following Key competencies:
- Planning Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the proactive application of planning tools
- Organizing Manages work and time effectively to maximize business results
- Problem Solving Demonstrates competent structured problem solving skills and ability.
- Communication Uses appropriate tools and techniques to communicate within and across function at all levels
- A detailed understanding of the principles of immunoassay and the factors affecting performance is essential
- Detailed working knowledge of Process Excellence DMAIC / Lean applications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office tools for communication and reporting
- Structured problem solving methodologies
- Structured risk assessment application (e.g. FMEA)
- Minimum of a Degree in a science related subject and/or relevant experience
- Minitab or other statistical analysis
- Six Sigma Process Excellence certification to Green Belt level
- Lean methodologies knowledge
- Masters/PhD in a science related subject
- We are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing.
- Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making our company a place to grow your career.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Find a Job Find Candidates