- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Purpose of Role:
- The process safety engineer role is a key role for continuing the high process safety standard and culture on site.
- This is a key role ensuring that new products and plant modifications are introduced in a safe and compliant manner.
Activities Within Role:
- Chair and document process and equipment Hazop assessments and other process safety related risk assessments for new and upgrades to existing processes.
- Ensure the site HAZOP register is upto date and schedule periodic review Hazops as per site schedule.
- To propose, develop and implement improvements and modifications from a process safety perspective to process areas and equipment in order to improve operations.
- Trouble shoot related process safety issues.
- Review and approval of process safety related documentation, including process Hazops and other related safety and engineering assessments,
- Provide relevant training to colleagues, where required.
- Perform process safety calculations for sizing of explosion relief devices.
- Support Process Safety investigations throughout the site.
- Conduct safety audits and continuously improve the Site safety management systems
- Oversee introduction of new products to the site from a process safety perspective.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements.
- Review Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for new Raw Material (RM) and RM extensions requests. (based on the content of the SDS, regulatory considerations, and other EHS issues related to the safe use, handling, and storage of the material)
- Participate and/or Lead PSM audits and internal Process Safety Gap Assessments.
- Understand the function of safety devices on machinery and direct the installation of controls based on these devices.
- Review Corporate EHS Policies, Procedures, and Programs, provide technical expertise review and recommend improvements where necessary and apply knowledge of internal policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Provide mentoring and training for site personnel.
- Perform other activities as assigned.
Use Lean principles to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production while not compromising EHS and Quality standards.
Coaching and Training:
Coaching others by sharing your skill-set and expertise.
5+ Years working in a regulated environment in a similar role.
- Bachelor of Engineering in a related discipline.
- Process Safery Certification.
- Ability to work on own initiative to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to muti-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Safety Engineer, Safety, Engineer, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering, Service, Healthcare