Process Mechanic 2 Rochester United States,
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (company)
- Job ID
- Job Locations
More information about this job:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a leading global provider of in vitro diagnostics. We have an established track record for providing high-quality products and services to the global clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 3,800 employees, serving customers in more than 120 countries.
We are recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help us grow our leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people. People who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn t thought possible before.
Our purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. We do that by reimagining what s possible. It s what defines us. It s the Ortho difference.
The Career Potential:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
We are recruiting for a Process Mechanic II for Reagent Manufacturing Operations located in Rochester, NY.
The Process Mechanic II will troubleshoot and repair equipment used in the Film, Slide manufacturing or Packaging processes in an FDA regulated environment. The equipment ranges from mixing, coating and high speed automated assembly machines to packaging lines. Some equipment and processes are in intrinsically-safe or clean room environments. The skills necessary to perform this Process Mechanic II job include an understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic devices. These components include sophisticated instrumentation and calibrated devices, motors, drives, valves, programmable logic controllers, sensors, process data handling and product testing systems. The repair tasks being performed are frequently critical to department and product performance, and as such, the individual in this position will apply extreme rigor to troubleshooting and repair tasks in a time-constrained demand maintenance setting. This individual will also thoroughly document work activities via a Computerized Maintenance Management System, as well as completing various other computer-related tasks (time reporting, spare part retrieval, document management, on-line training). This person will work as part of a team of engineers and mechanics in support of a manufacturing operation, and therefore must thrive in a cross-functional team environment. This individual will work in an FDA regulated medical device manufacturing operation with high regard for safety practices and systems and therefore be required to understand and comply with appropriate regulations. Finally, this individual will support a shift operation, and therefore will be required to work day and evening shifts as required.
Currently, the work schedule consists of a (4) 12 hour shift rotation. The (4) 12 hour shift rotation involves two twelve hour day shifts followed by two twelve hour night shifts with a four day rest period between rotations.
- Daily preventive and demand maintenance tasks for production machinery or facilities.
- Must address production maintenance demands immediately to meet production schedules.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Performs root cause analysis, communicates recommendations and implements solutions that prevent reoccurrence.
- Engage in continuous improvement by making recommendations for modifications to enhance equipment life or productivity.
- Works closely with engineers to determine equipment fault characteristics and makes recommendations or improvements.
- Assists in changeover of production lines from one product to another.
- Completion of maintenance records and repair logs utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Orders parts and supplies in accordance with department procedures.
- Provides enhanced support to engineering, facilities maintenance or calibration as directed.
- Provides input and technical support to new projects.
- Reads and interprets prints and schematics, shop manuals, and other related materials in performing work assignments.
- Demonstrates good teamwork while working to resolve technical problems.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA and OSHA.
- Assumes responsibility for the environmental and product effects of work performed and for the identification and recording of problems as they arise.
- Follows site lock-out tag-out requirements while servicing any equipment.
- Maintains work areas and shop in neat and orderly condition.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company safety and site policy/regulations.
- Is available for rotating shifts, weekends, or overtime work on a scheduled or emergency basis as required.
- Candidates must have a minimum Certificate / AAS in mechanical/electrical technologies, or related degree, or completed an apprenticeship and/or formal automated equipment mechanic A military background with equivalent experience or equivalent work experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 12 months work experience is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
- Knowledge of automated machinery and related subsystems, including:
- process / machine control
- programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- mechanics, and
- electrical systems
- basic hydraulics/ pneumatics
- Demonstrated skills with:
- Basic shop machine tools
- Mechanical, electrical and process control troubleshooting
- Preventive maintenance
- PC office software
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Printing and labeling systems
- Precision dies
- Machine tooling setups & changeovers
- Web conveyance
- Rockwell Control Logics
- Assembly processing in an intrinsically-safe environment.
- Able to read and interpret
- Equipment and product specifications
- Schematics (electrical, process and mechanical), and
- Maintenance procedures
- Familiarity with engineering drawings including the ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings is also strongly desired.
- Familiarity using computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), Maximo experience highly desirable.
- All candidates must have the ability to use a variety of shop and hand tools to complete precision repairs and assembly tasks.
- The ability to use diagnostic tools such as chart recorders and oscilloscopes is desired.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with team members to complete tasks and Company goals, planning, scheduling and follow-through with one s own work with minimal direction from supervision is required.
- This individual will support a shift operation, and therefore will be required to work day and evening shifts as required.
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Find a Job Find Candidates