This job is currently Archived,
PROCESS HAZARD ANALYSIS INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT - United Arab Emirates
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- Our company has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
- The Independent Consultant is a client-facing, Practice-based expert in global customer engagement management and complex strategic services offerings that can include pre-sales support, business problem solving, Competency/Practice/Cross-Practice solutions implementation & guidance, applying developed and specialized Competency/Practice expertise to deliver a high value client service solution, inspiring confidence and demand for additional services.
- In the Consultative Selling Process, he/she works on one hand with strategic customers (sometimes with simultaneous large projects) to develop a deep understanding of client business problems / needs, translating them into high value solution definitions for the enhancement/ customization of current engagement methodologies and possibly setting also direction for the implementation and delivery; and on the other hand works closely with Competency Leaders, Regional, Delivery Managers and Solutions Architect.
- The Independent Senior Consultant typically reports to a Competency/Practice Leader, to whom they can act for and provide management coverage, can manage a group of Consultants and has relevant individual and team targets to support Practice growth and profits. Independent Consultants are personally billable and have specific targets for the Utilization of their billable and non-billable time.
- Independent Consultants have a regional contract with our company in EMEA as providers of services, with agreed rates for delivery and travel time, including travel costs associated.
- They don’t have a guaranteed number of work days per year but they are highly demanded in the DSS Business and they will be fully used and invited to participate in projects to the extend of their capabilities versus the Business needs.
Principle Activities (Responsibilities):
- Participating proactively in the identification of customer problems and needs with higher level Consultants, understanding the customer’s business and industry, anticipating new service business opportunities, recommending solutions and communicating value and effectiveness potential of proposed offerings as well as fostering additional business.
- Providing relevant and timely customer discovery and consultative assessment information to appropriate account, delivery and services sales teams to then set work priorities and align work with project plans, schedules, changing work demands, bearing Company policies, practices, plus local legal requirements.
- Leading customer engagement work streams, understands new or enhanced practice service delivery techniques, methods and processes, develops practice content, sharing finally all knowledge with relevant Practice, business and marketing management, services sales, solutions development, and Marketing teams to validate customer requirements and review deliverables prior to customer sign-off/release; seeks out follow-on opportunities and supporting Practice Leaders and Business Development Managers (BDMs) in closing services opportunities with large and strategic customers.
- Identifying and maintaining customer relationships at senior level with key internal/ external influencers, thought leaders, associations, industry panels, speaking engagements, and Offering user groups at all levels.
- Achieving financial, all billable utilization objectives and business objectives for offerings and/or engagements to meet or exceed Practice P&L targets.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in application / facilitation of a wide range of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) techniques including, but not limited to: HAZID, HAZOP, What-IF, Safety Integrity Level, LOPA, Bow-Tie, Human Factor, Inherently Safer Process Review, Risk Register, Risk Matrix
- Knowledge and practical experience of quantitative techniques is a plus, including Fault Tree Analysis, Event Tree Analysis, Consequence Modelling (Fires, Toxic Releases, Explosions), Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) / Building Risk Assessment (BRA), Iso-Risk Curves (Individual and Societal Risk Curves)
- Broad understanding of Process Safety Management and how different PSM system elements are linked together (e.g. PSI, PHA, MOC, Mechanical Integrity, etc.)
- Experience in developing procedures to define key system requirements as well as Audit Protocols, KPIs and Governance mechanisms to monitor effectiveness of implementation of PSI / PHA elements
- Ability to effectively deliver training & coaching sessions to build/strengthen capabilities on PSI / PHA related topics
- Experiences along the lifecycle of an asset, from design to operations/maintenance to be able to understand how to apply PSI and PHA methodologies and concept at various stages
- Good interpersonal skills and team-working attitude to be able to work in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams in strengthening management systems and building capabilities
- Effective Leadership skills to drive execution in complex environments
- Strong/effective verbal and written communication to be able to interact at different levels of the organization, from Executive down to technicians / shopfloor
- Problem solving and flexibility to analyse and adapt to situations
- Proven track record in relevant highly-hazardous / heavy manufacturing industries such oil&gas/petrochemical, chemical, metal processing
- Past direct experience in technical roles (e.g. Process Control/Engineering, Technical) is highly valuable
- Past experience in major international / global companies is highly valuable