PROCESS HAZARD ANALYSIS CONSULTANT - United Arab Emirates
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
- The Consultant is a client-facing, Practice-based expert in global customer engagement management and complex strategic services offerings that can include pre-sales support, business problem solving, Competency/Practice/Cross-Practice solutions implementation & guidance, applying developed and specialized Competency/Practice expertise to deliver a high value client service solution, inspiring confidence and demand for additional services.
- In the Consultative Selling Process, he/she works on one hand with strategic customers (sometimes with simultaneous large projects) to develop a deep understanding of client business problems / needs, translating them into high value solution definitions for the enhancement/ customization of current engagement methodologies and possibly setting also direction for the implementation and delivery; and on the other hand works closely with Competency Leaders, Regional, Delivery Managers and Solutions Architect.
- The Consultant typically reports to a Delivery Team Leader, to whom they can act for and provide management coverage, can manage a group of Consultants and has relevant individual and team targets to support Practice growth and profits. Consultants are personally billable and have specific targets for the Utilization of their billable and non-billable time.
Principle Activities (Responsibilities)
- Leads simultaneously multiple large geographic/global/strategic customer engagement teams which includes actions such as: proactively understand customer business needs and industry, anticipate problems, provide relevant timely customer discovery and consultative assessment information to appropriate team, deliver solutions and communicate value and effectiveness of proposed offering, foster additional business, and maintain customer relationships.
- Prioritizes and aligns work with engagement/project plans, schedules, changing work demands, and all relevant Company policies, practices, plus local legal requirements as well as supporting practice leaders and BDMs in closing or seeking service opportunities.
- Understands industry and market trends, determining implications for service offerings/solutions as well as identifying and maintaining relationships with key internal/external influencers, thought leaders, associations, industry panels, speaking engagements, and client and Offering user groups.
- Shares all learnings with business Practice, services sales, solutions development, and Marketing teams to validate customer requirements and review deliverables prior to customer sign-off/release.
- Contributes to the effectiveness and maintenance of Practice and consultative selling methods, certifying practice offerings, developing new services delivery techniques, methods, and processes.
- Lead initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction and cost reduction to drive additional services opportunity and represent the practice internally and externally ( conferences, trade-shows, media), Achieving all appropriate financial objectives through billable utilization objectives to meet or exceed business objectives and Practice P&L targets.
- Coaches, mentors, and leads Associate Consultants, validating their skills/capabilities when assigned.
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Reliability Engineering is required or relevant technical major, MBA / MS is preferred.
- 15 years of plant experience in a high hazard process preferably in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, and/or Metals Processing. Line management and Process Safety leadership experience is a plus. Consulting experience providing fee based services in a customer facing role and direct operations supervisory responsibility in light and heavy industry is a plus.
- Broad, working knowledge and experience in a wide range of Process Safety elements specifically Mechanical Integrity ,Quality Assurance and Process Hazard Analysis, including familiarity with What-if Checklists, HAZOP, and FMEA and other PHA methodologies and the ability to recognize and use the appropriate method for different situations is strongly desired.
- Technically strong in maintenance, equipment inspection, maintenance procedures/training and reliability engineering with the ability to analyze client systems and gaps and develop/recommend solutions.
- Management of Change and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews is also required and Emergency Planning & Response and PSM Auditor experience is a plus; knowledge in any other PSM elements is strongly preferred and experience conducting Consequence Analysis Studies and Facility Siting Studies is a plus
- Mastery of standard office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project; familiarity with Mini Tab, Visio and Lotus Notes; Six Sigma methodology or similar tool is a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% in support of client engagements.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and one other EMEA language. Any other will be a plus.
- Demonstrated complex customer engagement experience, with multiple large, strategic projects, preferably some global, establishing and maintaining relationships with high-level customers being able to prove delivery of high , revenue growth, profit and customer satisfaction consulting and services solutions.