Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Responsible for supporting multiple capital projects simultaneously as well as assisting manufacturing facilities to improve the current performance of the manufacturing processes in terms of safety, quality, production volume and cost reduction
• Suggest and implement technical improvement or new technology to improve the plant competitiveness
• Design and implement capital projects: design process system, develop process flow diagram, develop piping and instrumentation diagram, write equipment and control specifications, perform material and energy balances
• Responsible for the application and adherence of HSE and PSM standards and guidelines.
• Participate in HAZOPS, LOPA and incident investigation
• Provide process engineering assistance to troubleshoot major operational problems, and maximize asset utilization
• Identify ways to increase product yields and reduce variable costs and develop the associated process scope to achieve the expected results
• Provide process assistance to the units as needed
• Perform process commissioning and support start up activities during capital project execution
• Ensure the transfer of processes and new products from R&D to Production
• Follow up scale up activities and document them in written reports
• Study, develop and implement the new processes required for the production of new products
• Recommend, design, conduct, and evaluate process testing for the purpose of quantifying unit performance for cost reduction
• Execute and/or follow up studies and projects in the domain of process improvement and/or development
• Provide technical training for employees as identified
• Develop written documentation about the production processes, facility and keep them up-to-date
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering
• Experience working as a process engineer.
• Must be willing and able to travel 50% domestically with possibility of international travel in the future
• Minimum 2 years of experience working as a Process Engineer.
• Strong process engineering knowledge of unit operations
• Troubleshooting skills
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills with systematic approach
• Ability to influence change
• Good oral and written communication
• Good computer skills – Microsoft Office, distributive control systems, SAP
Entry level (0 to 2 years)