- The Process Engineer will leverage their technical background and project management skills along with their knowledge of manufacturing processes on projects including: cost reduction initiatives, process improvements, process validations, technical problem resolution, and associate training/cultural improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for development, implementation, improvement, and maintenance of manufacturing processes.
- Duties include testing, developing and optimizing manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Develop operating procedures, acceptance, and validation test plans and protocols.
- Develop, upgrade, and optimize processes, process hardware, mechanical components and sub-systems.
- Interact/ collaborate with associates from all levels of the plant including Operations, Management, Product Support, Quality, Supply Chain, etc. and with external vendors and suppliers.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering; preference is given to those holding BS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet usage, and CAD required
- 1 year minimum experience obtained through work and/or internship experience
- Experience with manufacturing equipment in a regulated (GMP/QSR) industry
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work within a team environment, ability to lead a project team, and ability to prioritize responsibilities required
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Six Sigma and Lean experience.
- Experience in analysis of manufacturing processes, development of process improvements, and validation of process changes.
- Experience with processes including fluid dispense and filling, reagent dispense and drying, device assembly, labeling, and packaging.