This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 21 March 2017
- Our company is engaged in the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of innovative animal health products.
- Our company is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance.
- Our products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food.
- Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help to fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life.
Process engineer will focuses on the design, operation, control, and optimization of Engineering upstream & downstream processes for the manufacture of vaccines.
Functions, Duties, Task:
- Provide stewardship for process and equipment including
- Review the basis for the qualification of equipment and ensure that the equipment/system is appropriate for intended purpose
- Ensure significant changes, maintenance and other interventions do not impact the qualified state of the equipment & provide maintenance oversight for process equipment.
- Conduct or oversee periodic reviews of direct impact facilities, utilities equipment and systems to verify that they remain in state that is fit for their intended use
- Create & revise qualification packages for direct impact systems & work with TSMS to ensure the accuracy of process flow documents
- Provide oversight to less experienced engineers Implementation and optimization of Process systems
- Serve as local subject matter expert for process engineering systems
- Ensure process operations comply with all Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure process operations are in alignment with current site interpretations of GMPs & company quality standards
- Perform/ oversee Haz-ops and other process safety reviews.
- Know and understand throughput and capacity, and implement improvements and problem solving to optimize the system performance.
- Network with system users to ensure their needs are always met. Execute local engineering projects
- Provide Process Engineering support to project team
- Participate as required in teams, committees or other groups to achieve goals
- Work with project requester to determining the scope of the project.
- Write user requirements document.
- Complete Environmental Assessments Write and execute commissioning documents to verify project success
- Revise drawings and P&ID s as needed and organize drafting updates
- Confirm CADD revisions and sign drawings.
- Assist in development of training plans & execute training as required
- Review, revise & create Process Engineering documentation, validation requirements & user requirements as required
- Write change management, incident reports, and complete corresponding action items
- Act as investigation lead for Deviations related to Process systems and apply Root Cause Analysis to the investigation.
- Other Duties Complete documentation review for items generated or completed by the other process engineers and technicians.
- Provide technical assistance and backup support as necessary to these individuals.
- Monitor all training requirements as defined in the ITP for this position, and ensure that training is completed by the required completion date.
- Ensure that all necessary items are entered in the quality plan and that items are completed by the required date
Education and Experience
- BS Degree level in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering 2-5 years experience with process engineering principles in a pharmaceutical, Biotech or related environment
- Proven analytical thinking and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in validation activities associated with aseptic process, technology transfer and process validation
- Experience in FMEA ,QRM, P&ID development, PFD development
- Exposure to Lean-Six sigma principles Experience in fermentation and cell technology
- Flex hours possible
- Our company will conduct, at its own expense, background search (including verification of educational credentials, contacting three of your personal references) of the successful candidate.
- Our company is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Prince Edward Island Canada
Find a Job Find Candidates