This job is currently Archived,
Process Engineer - India
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- An international chemical and advanced materials company, our company assists its customers in innovating, developing and delivering high-value, sustainable products and solutions which consume less energy and reduce CO2 emissions, optimize the use of resources and improve the quality of life.
- Our company serves diversified global end markets, including automotive and aerospace, consumer goods and healthcare, energy and environment, electricity and electronics, building and construction as well as industrial applications.
- Our company generated pro forma net sales of € 10.9 bn in 2016, with 90% made from activities where it ranks among the world’s top 3 players.
- We have vacancy for the position of Process Engineer as part of our team.
- This position is part of the Site Process Management Team for GBU Specialty Polymers.
The major deliverables of this position are:
- Support to Manufacturing Unit Process Engineering Activities like - Existing Plant Debottlenecking, Energy Conservation, Quality improvement, Safety systems upgrade and cost reduction projects in manufacturing set-up. Work for process improvement projects in co-operation with Production, Maintenance, Research Labs and external consultants.
- Scale-up of the processes: Support R&D/production for scale up of processes from Lab to Pilot & further to commercial unit. Tolling experience is added advantage.
- For New projects / expansions: Preparation of Basic Engineering Package (Includes PFD, Mass Balance, Energy Balance, Equipment Design, PID’s, data sheets, Conceptual Layout, HAZOP studies etc)
- For Green field & Brown field Projects. Co-ordinate with external agencies like Suppliers, Project contractors, Technical and Scientific informants.
- Masters Degree in Chemical/ Polymers
- Experience Required: 4- 6 years post qualification
Special Skills Required:
- Basic awareness of compliance to industrial Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) practices.
- Basic knowledge about overall project handling and commissioning.
- Basic exposure to Simulation Software’s like ASPEN Plus, HTRI for process equipments like heat exchangers, distillation columns etc.
- Open to work in field with close co-ordination with manufacturing, projects and maintenance.