Process Engineer (Capital Projects), Global Engineering Solutions Job - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Specialist will be a Process Project Engineer in Global Engineering Solutions and participate in a high performing team responsible for capital project scope and technical studies that support MSD business objectives. Under the direction of a Process Lead or Technology Director, the Specialist Engineer will have varying degrees of responsibility across project deliverables ranging from business case development, process design/specification, vendor management, commissioning & qualification, and through process implementation & realization of the solution.
The Specialist will primarily support the Large Molecule Biologics/Vaccines/Sterile lines of business with opportunity to be exposed to multiple business areas; and is expected to develop and maintain technical knowledge in their respective area(s) of expertise.
The Specialist will exhibit collaboration, communication, organization, and vendor management skills; as well as develop sufficient knowledge of MSD’s Capital Management Process and use of Lean Design & problem solving methods.
• Supports Process Design deliverables for capital project design efforts, providing solutions that meet business objective
• Collaborates with a team in the evaluation of alternative solutions and the development of project scope
• Develops preliminary designs including process fits and HAZOP participation
• Supports field execution for process equipment commissioning and qualification
• Develops understanding of MSD standards and practices
• Liaises with other technical functions to ensure successful technology transfers of new and in-line products
• Collaborates with contractors, suppliers and other team members in the execution of the work
Percent of travel: >25% for projects assignments outside of primary location. Travel and flexibility in project assignment location is required; assignments may require short term travel assignments.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or applicable Science
• 2/3 yrs experience in an process engineering role in a manufacturing (ideally healthcare related) environment.
• Good collaboration and engagement as a team player with dependable interpersonal and communication skills
• Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Time management skills which deliver on time and quality work
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Chemical Engineering Job Title:Process Engineer (Capital Projects), Global Engineering Solutions
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Leinster-Carlow
Other Locations: EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Brinny, EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Tipperary
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Ireland - IrishJobs.ie
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering