Process Development Engineer Cardiff United Kingdom,
Division: Medical Systems
The Medical Systems Division represents Olympus’ largest business domain and is the global market and technology leader for medical endoscopes. Olympus aims to continuously find better and more economical solutions to medical issues which improve the well-being of patients, enhance the working environment for doctors and nursing staff and help to develop the overall performance of health care providers.
- Our Process Engineering team provide the vital link between development and manufacture of our innovative products. As key part of this dynamic and fast paced team you will develop processes, jigs and fixtures to support the interface between design and manufacturing on new product introduction projects.
You will use your problem solving skills and knowledge of statistics to evaluate new concepts, at the same time developing your own expertise and sharing this with the business.
As a medical company compliance is key to all our roles, you will perform necessary validation exercises, prepare manufacturing documentation and work in accordance the relevant standards and practices.
We're looking for people with an appetite to learn and a keen eye for detail and a drive to ensure project completion. If this sounds like you send your application through today.
- If you have a background in mechanical engineering, experience in design for manufacture and an understanding of joining and assembly techniques this could be the role for you.
- Consistently hold people to account by making expectations explicit and regularly reviewing performance
- Motivate others through leading by example and creating an expectation that our colleagues do the same
- Provide both timely positive and negative feedback
- Understand our customers needs and deliver on our agreed commitments managing both risk and value to provide an optimum solution
- Communicate clear goals, objectives, consequences and timeframes for everyone
- Develop right first time approach to everything
- Foster respect, openness, collaboration and trust
- Empower and equip our people to take responsibility
All applications must be received by the closing date of 31.12.2017 and will not be accepted after this deadline.
You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work and reside in the UK, in accordance with the requirements of Section 15 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
At Olympus Surgical Technologies, we have a dedicated in-house recruitment team that cover all areas of the business. As a backup, we have a preferred supplier list (PSL) of vetted suppliers and as such, are unable to accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies or search firms outside of our PSL (which is now closed to new suppliers). Please note that Olympus Surgical Technologies Europe will not be responsible for any fees, charges or terms associated with any such CVs. CVs will only be accepted from approved agencies where terms and conditions have been agreed and we have instructed them to work on specific positions. Agencies will be contacted by the recruitment team should we wish to engage their services. We do not take sales calls and politely request that you refrain from directly approaching the recruitment team or line managers and remove Olympus Surgical Technologies Europe from your mailing list. Thank you for your understanding.
Find a Job Find Candidates