Process Development Engineer - United Kingdom
Division: Medical Systems
The Medical Systems Division represents Olympus’ largest business domain and is the global market and technology leader for medical endoscopes. Olympus aims to continuously find better and more economical solutions to medical issues which improve the well-being of patients, enhance the working environment for doctors and nursing staff and help to develop the overall performance of health care providers.
- As Process Development Engineer you will support and ensure the efficient introduction of new product and processes into manufacturing, on time and within budget to the company’s quality standards and agreed yield and efficiency levels.
- New process projects: Support the interface between design and manufacturing on new product introduction and development ensuring project timelines are met and ensuring product/process is designed for manufacture (both maintenance and operation)
- Process Design: Design, develop and maintain assembly processes, jigs and fixtures working within project time and cost targets agreed for new product development.
- Process Technology: Evaluate new concepts in relation to processes and manufacturing to fit in with Fundamental Technology Teams (FTT) and Manufacturing Technology Development Projects (MTDP), developing own expertise in designated area(s), and sharing this expertise with others in the business as required
- Validation: Perform necessary GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), process validations and other quality system documentation requirements to support new product introduction and development.
- Documentation: Prepare manufacturing documentation for above thus ensuring smooth transition into manufacturing. Maintain a record of all documentation, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records etc. ensuring a full history of process and product evolution is documented.
- Compliance: Work in accordance with Company Quality Standards, procedures and processes and comply with the requirements of Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). Adhere to the standards of behaviours, policies and procedures as laid out in the employee handbook
- Health & Safety: Comply and work within all current H&S rules and guidelines, ensuring that all developed processes comply with the highest standards of health and safety
- HNC or Degree in Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics or related field.
- Experience of Mechanical Design for Manufacture, CAD, Fixture design, New Product Introduction and Manufacturing support and improvements.
- Experience of working with component manufacture and supplier liaison.
- Good understanding of various joining and assembly techniques.
- Lean manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, awareness and understanding of tool room shop processes.
- Consistently hold people to account by making expectations explicit and regularly reviewing performance
- Motivate others through leading by example and creating an expectation that our colleagues do the same
- Provide both timely positive and negative feedback
- Understand our customers needs and deliver on our agreed commitments managing both risk and value to provide an optimum solution
- Communicate clear goals, objectives, consequences and timeframes for everyone
- Develop right first time approach to everything
- Foster respect, openness, collaboration and trust
- Empower and equip our people to take responsibility
All applications must be received by the closing date of 05.07.2017 and will not be accepted after this deadline.
You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work and reside in the UK, in accordance with the requirements of Section 15 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
At Olympus Surgical Technologies, we have a dedicated in-house recruitment team that cover all areas of the business. As a backup, we have a preferred supplier list (PSL) of vetted suppliers and as such, are unable to accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies or search firms outside of our PSL (which is now closed to new suppliers). Please note that Olympus Surgical Technologies Europe will not be responsible for any fees, charges or terms associated with any such CVs. CVs will only be accepted from approved agencies where terms and conditions have been agreed and we have instructed them to work on specific positions. Agencies will be contacted by the recruitment team should we wish to engage their services. We do not take sales calls and politely request that you refrain from directly approaching the recruitment team or line managers and remove Olympus Surgical Technologies Europe from your mailing list. Thank you for your understanding.