This job is currently Archived,
Process Control Engineer Oldbury United Kingdom,
Posted on : 18 July 2017
- The Process Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring the process control systems which supervise the various operating units at Site are maintained and developed to match the safety, production and quality requirements of the site.
- This includes both the development of new control methodologies as part of capital projects and also the maintenance and development of existing process control systems. The role includes the hardware, network and process control software which make up the control systems.
- The Process Control Specialist plays a key role in HSE, particularly process safety, providing technical assistance in the various safety and criticality studies carried out on the units.
The Process Control Specialist is responsible for:
- Maintenance of the hardware and network infrastructure of the process control systems to ensure no disruption to plant operations
- Maintenance & troubleshooting of the control software trips, interlocks and alarms in the control system in compliance with our company and UK HSE requirements
- Development of the control software to improve operability and/or productivity
- Installation and configuration of control systems associated with new projects
- Development of migration strategies for legacy control systems
- Training & coaching control engineers
- Training site staff in control system operation
to operate within and maintain all appropriate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards in order to ensure that the products and services provided by the site comply with regulatory and company standards and customer expectations.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (engineering, control, IT, electronics)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in chemical plant control
- Knowledge of DCS and PLC control systems & programming languages (ideally ABB 800xA/System6/Stattline)
- Knowledge of industry legislation and standards relating to control systems (IEC 61508/61511, EEMUA guidelines on alarm systems)
Oldbury England United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates