PROCESS CHEMIST I
What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
Understand reaction mechanisms and apply them to practical execution of given synthesis. Optimization of conditions of proposed and designed synthetic routes including but not limited to purity, loadings, equivalents, cycle times, work up procedures, and yields. Understand and able to perform routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (i.e. TLC, GC, NMR, HPLC, KF). Able to isolate and purify products and intermediates by using standard laboratory techniques. Prepare final reports for completed projects, including final procedures and compiling all analytical data.
As the PROCESS CHEMIST I, you will:
- Ability to carry out chemical reactions on a gram to multi-kilogram scale
- Capable of solving common synthetic problems
- Understand and interpret all analytical data
- Clear documentation of all results and procedures
- Able to provide written and verbal updates to supervisors or clients
- Able to manage and track project progress including monitoring timelines, raw materials, equipment availability and yields to ensure project success
- Able to prepare production areas for CGMP project initiation or changeover
- Remain technically competent and keep current in new developments within the chemistry/chemical industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications for success:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a science-related degree with coursework in organic chemistry.
- Must be willing to work 6:00 pm - 6:30 am Night Shift, in a team environment, after 2-4 months training on Day Shift.
- Requires four-year degree (BS) with coursework in chemistry or related field or a minimum of 1 year of industrial experience preferably in an API facility.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates, and percentages
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions
- Participates in company sponsored training
- Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with company personnel
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment free of safety hazards
- Works the hours necessary to meet scheduling commitments, is punctual with minimal absenteeism
- Maintains productive work ethic
- The ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software products
What we offer you:
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching
About our facility:
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
Find a Job Find Candidates