- By making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
- Our company unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world
- For more than 140 years our company has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
- We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
- The Process Automation Department provides automation support for our API manufacturing facilities, including supporting manufacturing operations, compliance activities and capital projects. The automation engineer will work as a member of the Process Automation Department at our company.
- The engineer will provide Automation, Process Controls and Data Analysis expertise and support for one or more operating areas across site and/or for capital projects.
- In line with the job outlined above, the following are typically the key tasks that would be expected of the role:
- Devising functional requirements and process control strategies for control systems in collaboration with Process Engineering Design, specification and coding of control systems, primarily the sites DCS systems Testing of automation system functionality Project Management of automation projects Process Control Engineering including design, tuning and trouble shooting of control loops Implement and support electronic systems (such as plant historians) used to capture process automation related production data
- Maintain the validated state of the site control systems in line with company quality standards including the development and execution of validation strategies and associated documentation
- Automation support for capital projects including new product introductions, facility and automation system recapitalization and facility expansions
- Provide day to day operation's support related to the site’s control systems.
- This includes working with operation's personnel to trouble shoot issues, making changes to the control systems in line with site change control procedures and site standards, responding to system events and performing routine computer system maintenance checks Promoting the use of automation to improve productivity, operational efficiency and compliance Developing a ‘network’ of corporate contacts and leveraging corporate expertise when needed Interacting with external parties
Education and Experience
Degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, Control Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or qualifications in other relevant engineering discipline with appropriate experience.Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an automation engineer working in a Biotechnology API or Small Molecule API manufacturing facility.
- Strong knowledge of coding
- Distributed Control Systems or PLC/SCADA systems
- Understanding of small molecule or biotech unit operations
- Possess a keen technical curiosity and has demonstrated strong problem solving skills and a desire for continuous improvement
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and business partners
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills