Principal / Sr. Principal Investigator, Antibody Analytics - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Incyte Corporation is a Wilmington, Delaware-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary therapeutics, primarily for oncology. Our first commercial product, Jakafi®, is approved in the U.S. for patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis and for patients with polycythemia vera who have had an inadequate response to or are intolerant of hydroxyurea. We have a diverse and growing portfolio of product candidates, including both small and large molecules.
Over the last two years Incyte has established a partnership alliance with Agenus for the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies in the area of Immuno-oncology. This has resulted in the initiation of two clinical development programs and a number of discovery research programs. Recently, the commitment to therapeutic antibodies was reinforced by signing a broad collaboration with Merus B.V. for the discovery and development of bispecific therapeutic antibodies in the area of Oncology.
Incyte is seeking a candidate that has extensive industry experience in analytic / biophysical characterization of antibodies. He/she will be part of a team of scientists focused on the discovery and development of monoclonal and bispecific antibodies for therapeutic applications.
- Act as an intellectual leader to support ongoing drug discovery programs
- Become a technology lead in Ab discovery programs, especially on bispecific antibody projects
- Implement and develop methods for biophysical characterization of therapeutic candidates
- Work with multiple CROs and Applied Technology Group members to accomplish experimental goals
- Support activities geared to new target evaluation and validation activities
- Equip a new lab and establish laboratory activities to conduct biophysical analysis of therapeutic leads
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology or related field plus a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in biophysical characterization of protein and antibody (IgG) variants
- Expertise in the application of various protein biophysical characterization techniques such as DSC, CD, AUC, SEC, light scattering, fluorescence spectroscopy for antibody characterization
- Experience in antibody engineering and structure-function is highly desirable
- Prior experience on engineering and analytic characterization / development of bispecific antibody preferred
- Demonstrated expertise as a technology lead in antibody discovery projects
- Experience on protein expression / purification preferred
- Experience on protein structural modeling and design (Rosetta, MOE, Discovery Studio) preferred
- Has participated in the setting and organization of new analytical groups / laboratories
- Prior experience working in a matrix environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative multicultural team environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, self-driven, creative and entrepreneurial